By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do so many gamers dislike Halo?

I don't hate it. I like the ability to ride vehicles, but besides that I find no reason to play it

Around the Network

In part because I don't have the time to devote to becomming particularly good, I don't really focus on playing videogames online anymore ... When I evaluate Halo games I am talking (primarily) about the single player campaigns.

With that said, the Halo games' single player campaigns have always been very average and their main selling feature has been their multiplayer gameplay ... Being the introduction for a lot of console gamers to lan gameplay Halo became legendary, and Halo 2 followed that up with being an adequate introduction to online gameplay for these gamers; there is nothing particularly special about Halo 3.

What makes a lot of gamers dislike or hate Halo is that it is such an overhyped game series, and there are many more worthwhile games which don't get the attention they deserve because of games like Halo.

Popular things are always hated. Look at FFVII. People bash, beat, slash, bite, kick, and punch the living daylights out of the game day in and day out, and it's the most popular and highest-selling FF out there. Halo is no exception to this rule, and neither is OoT, which people constantly say is worse than MM (Though I do agree with that).

You could say the same about GTAIV. The list just goes on and on, with the hate varying among websites.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

People hate it because it sold so much. That's the real answer. It's cool to hate on something popular. To be sure, most people who 'hate' Halo 3 have never played it.

Blah blah blah 'overhyped' blah blah 'not adding anything new' blah blah

Most of that shit comes from people who've never played it and have no idea what they're talking about.

Personally, I've played it and it's not my style of game. I only have FPS games because the selection for my PS3 was sparse early in it's life and they kind of grew on me. When I get my 360 I'll get Halo 3 and try it out with my new post-COD4-maybe -FPS's-aren't-so-bad attitude. But I don't hate on it.

Incandescence said:
Popular things are always hated. Look at FFVII. People bash, beat, slash, bite, kick, and punch the living daylights out of the game day in and day out, and it's the most popular and highest-selling FF out there. Halo is no exception to this rule, and neither is OoT, which people constantly say is worse than MM (Though I do agree with that).

You could say the same about GTAIV. The list just goes on and on, with the gate varying among websites.

You beat me by, like, 30 seconds. haha

Around the Network

^People hate what's popular eh? I never heard of people hating Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo because of them being popular. Halo is flawed compared to some other shooters, but it has great music, that's what I think of it.

I only played the first (for about 2-3 hours) and found it dull.

I also cant stand having strafe set to the same stick as forward/backward, probably because I began FPS with Goldeneye. (Perhaps you can change it in Halo I don't know, but it wasn't my game or xbox)

i dont hate it but its single player is just too short. i dont really like online multiplayer

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Yes, people hate on ALL of those games you mentioned. And many others you didn't.
I've been on this forum for a bit of time now(mostly lurking) and any game, ANY game, that's popular get's entire 6 page threads dedicated to how much it sucks. No game is immune from the vitriolic fanboys who infest this site.

well duno i liked the first one a lot :D. But the others just came down as really slow generic shoooters to me and thats why i dont like them anymore