By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How are you feeling about Killzone 2?

@Griffin

Yeah that preview sounds BS.

I am not that much excited about killzone 2 but I will give it a fair shake...unlike that preview.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
twesterm said:
Munkeh111 said:
twesterm said:
The graphics and animations look spectacular but I still have no reason to believe the game is going to be anything beyond generic and done too many times before.

So you just assume that it is going to be average. Hands on impressions have been positive, and Sony had put a lot into the this title, and they will not let it go out if it is rubbish. Having played Killzone Liberation, I do trust Guerilla to make a great game, and I definitely think that they will come out trumps here

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/18/joystiq-e3-hands-on-killzone-2/

You are judging the game based on that idiot, he does nothing but bitch and compare the game to halo, and makes upo shit that is not true. This is a review of his first 3 paragraphs.

"I asked myself this as I slogged through an early level in Killzone 2" He already sounds pissed at the game.

"PlayStation 2 wanted its "Spartan" and the original Killzone was called to task, failing miserably" Calling the first killzone a failure, it has an average of over 70%, the game also sold atleast 2.4mil copies. He is also trying to bring Killzone and Sony down with his Spartan comment.

"we wonder if a true "Halo killer" stands before us." Halo Killer?? of course he brings that up, he loves Halo and thinks the world of it. Just trying to bring up media bullshit and make himself sound stupid.

"The E3 2008 demo begins with a beach landing (what else?) " WTF kinda comment is that. Bitching about the game and he still has not even played the game for a second.

"Where Halo offers relief" WTF is he talking about Halo again.

"It was difficult to judge Killzone 2's gameplay. It was rough," What was rough? He does not say, we have all seen the game being played and i don't ever remember seeing anything that looks rough.

"The framerate wasn't there" WTF is he talking about, in no other preview they ever mention a Framerate problem, i have also watched hours of gameplay and have seen no slowdown. The game runs at a perfect 30FPS at native 720p, 4xQAA, with real time ray tracing.

"I felt slow and clumsy, constantly fiddling with the control schemes and axis sensitivities." Maybe if this guy did not suck, he could play the game, just today i watched a 6min gameplay video and the game was smooth and the player had zero problems what so ever. I bet he was trying to play the game like halo, jumping around and tossing greandes while going in for the melee kill.

"The cover mechanic, mapped to the "crouch" command, worked and didn't (e.g., it was frustrating that I couldn't pop up out of cover and use the zoomed weapon view)." You can do this, this has been seen in many videos dating back to the e307 video's. Here is a recent video where this feature is being used At about 2:30 the player is using the lean and peek and goes into his zoomed view shoots some guy then drops back down behind cover using the lean and peek ability. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34157.html?type=wmv

Awesome job.  I was actually going to post a response like this, but I didn't feel like pointing out all the inconsisitencies of what they were saying compared with videos that are out, and what other reviewers have said about the game.

just had another look at the gameplay demo. i think it actualy looks better than the original cgi trailer in 2006.

i predict huge sales for this game, it just looks awsome.

the power of the cell makes Mount Etna, look like a pot noodle gone wrong!

playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration.

am i hyped about kz2? you bet i am

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Ickalanda said:
I don't understand why so many people are expecting Killzone 2 to be some spectacular game just because everyone got excited from some pre-rendered trailer they showed when they announced it. The original game was medicore and yes I have played it and I thought it was awful.

It makes no sense to me that some people say its going to be one of the best games this generation when you've never even played it and just have some trailers to go off of.

Welcome to July 2008 buddy, the pre-rendered trailer was three years ago. Your post attacks people for being excited for something they haven't played yet while you're talking about a game you've apparently haven't seen since a target trailer in 2005.

I would recommend you compare that 2005 pre-rendered footage to 2007's E3 where the game was finally shown to the general public. Next, compare the 2005 trailer and 2007 footage to the newest footage of the game. While certain issues like what you're going to be doing the entire game and potential dumb AI of enemies are on the table of scrutiny, the new gameplay footage and recently announced multiplayer are looking very impressive and could potentially make this a big title when it launches.

ps. this built in browser is really neat.
this is the 1st time ive used the ps3 to post something on vgchartz

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

"Yeah that preview sounds BS."

Googles joystiq author...what a surprise!

Another Halo/Gears of War/Xbox fanboy getting his ultimate thrill, trashing a PS3 fps.

The very cool first person cover system.
The graphics that are an entire generation ahead of outdated games running on the tired old UE3 engine.
The unbelievable level of destructibility
The awesome character designs for the various classes
The amazing animation, ragdoll, character interaction.
The unbelievably good gun rendering and action
The splatter and pooling blood.
32 player dedicated servers for lagfree online play
The custom badge/class system
The absolutely kick ass valor points clan betting system for online matches

Like someone else said it is too bad the bitter Xbox fans at sites like Eurogamer, EGM, Joystiq, etc are just salivating like ravenous dogs at their opportuninty to trash KZ2 witht the inevitable 6/10s.

There still is an unbelievable amount of rage and hatred after the Mother of All Ownages from last year's realtime KZ2 unveiling at E3:

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/killzone2/KillZone2compa.jpg

That was going to be every Xbox fan in the gaming media's moment of triumph this gen where they got to tear Sony to shreds over KZ2. The Xbox fans in the gaming press will have their revenge.

Sony fans have become immune to it and it isn't going to be anything but a sad little sideshow to what will be 2009's GoTY.

No amount of fanboy hate is going to faze anyone from what will be the greatest FPS this gen:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327270

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12027593&postcount=1361

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12011337&postcount=977

It's like god himself decided to make a fps.

Skeeuk said:
ps. this built in browser is really neat.
this is the 1st time ive used the ps3 to post something on vgchartz

It'd probably be even more helpful to use a keyboard too. Though if you're going to do that, you'd might as well just use a PC lol.

@ HappyNoodle,

That comparison picture needs to be updated. I think there's a newer one that was made with the build shown at Sony's Playstation day a while back. It's better in areas that the E3 2007 build was really lacking at the time (like textures for example).

*edit* here's one, but I don't know if there were others.

http://dcrayon.net/ecg/images/stories/killzone2vs2008.jpg

IllegalPaladin, very cool. I hadn't seen that one.

IllegalPaladin said:

@ HappyNoodle,

That comparison picture needs to be updated. I think there's a newer one that was made with the build shown at Sony's Playstation day a while back. It's better in areas that the E3 2007 build was really lacking at the time (like textures for example).

*edit* here's one, but I don't know if there were others.

http://dcrayon.net/ecg/images/stories/killzone2vs2008.jpg

Damm that looks good!