By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How are you feeling about Killzone 2?

I will buy it.

Feel free to add

/************************************************/

Fanboy (sometimes spelled fanboi) is a term used to describe an individual who is devoted to a single subject in a fanatical manner, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession.

Prediction: PS3 will have 25 percent of the nextgen console market be end

of the year i.e. till 31st dec 2008

Around the Network
URNotE said:
twesterm said:
The graphics and animations look spectacular but I still have no reason to believe the game is going to be anything beyond generic and done too many times before.

this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.  I have yet to see a single FPS game like Killzone 2.  There is probably a dozen things KZ2 does that other FPS have yet to do, and the MP looks like itll be excellent.

Like what?

The ones I've read so far (and I'm not going to pretend I've read all of them because I know I haven't) say that graphics and animation great, gameplay meh.

I should also add that positive first impressions don't always mean the game will be great.  Do I really need to remind you of things like Lair?  This idea of course can work the other way around and the game could turn out amazing, in the end we'll have to wait until the game is actually released.  Until then, I'm going to continue to believe it's just generic since everyone only talks about the graphics and then maybe spends a paragraph at most on the gameplay.

disolitude said:
Skeeuk said:

killzone 2 will be one of the best games released this generation.

i just watched the gameplay demo again, and i have to say i have not seen anything like it. its simply to awsome

i will certainly be picking this up along with many other avalaunch laden titles coming out on ps3.

im very interested in the killzone 2 multiplayer, the class system is a clever choice akin to team fortress.

with a tiptop lineup of games  - still worse than 360s in most gaming categories

built in bluray player - great if you want to watch bluray movies, or you could watch 1000s of movies on your 360 using netflix for 9 dollars a month.

built in wireless - no complaints here, wireless is nice

built in blu-tooth - blutooth makes games better how?

built in browser - which sucks compared to PC

built in HD - lol, HD availablility is subjective with the equipment you use, such as TV's cables etc. Neverthelss it has same "built in HD" that xbox 360 has

all the media functions that you could want - its definetly the console leader here, but again...this enhances gaming how? It doesn't help the fact it has inferior online to competition.

at only $399 and £299 for an 80 gig this fall. this is surefire purchase - no backwards ps2 compatibility for that price

Since you're running a Sony advertising campaign on this site...I figured I'd post some thoughts above.

Sorry to go off topic but I actually hate the built in blue Tooth.  Why?  Because I can't program the PS3 to work with my universal remote.

Yeah, I got the Nyko attachment that makes it work with Universal Remotes but I have a few problems with that:

1. I had to spend more money (so very minor, but still worth mentioning since people love talking nickels and dimes when talking PS3 and 360).
  2. It still can't actually turn my PS3 off and on so I still have to get up to turn it off and on.  So if I'm sitting on my couch watching TV and I decide I want to watch a movie (since the PS3 is an amazing DVD player) I have my switch to PS3 activity programmed into my remote where it tunes my receiver to the right input and turns the other stuff off but I still have to get up and turn my PS3 on.
  3. For some reason whenever I use my remote to move in a direction on a menu it thinks I'm holding the button down so it skips over several options and it's just a pain in the ass. 

Well the E3 publicity did what it was supposed to with me. I was a little indifferent beforehand about Killzone 2, but now I'm really looking forward to it. It's ticking all the right boxes gameplay-wise while boasting extremely impressive visuals.

My only concern is that it's releasing four months after Resistance 2. The first Resistance had such good online play that I was still playing it everyday by the end of last summer, along with many thousands of others. Since R2 looks to have even better online I could easily see myself still playing it solidly by February, and I won't want to buy another FPS for some time. Right now I don't want to defer buying it, but I'll probably have to.

Redcoat222 said:
Well the E3 publicity did what it was supposed to with me. I was a little indifferent beforehand about Killzone 2, but now I'm really looking forward to it. It's ticking all the right boxes gameplay-wise while boasting extremely impressive visuals.

My only concern is that it's releasing four months after Resistance 2. The first Resistance had such good online play that I was still playing it everyday by the end of last summer, along with many thousands of others. Since R2 looks to have even better online I could easily see myself still playing it solidly by February, and I won't want to buy another FPS for some time. Right now I don't want to defer buying it, but I'll probably have to.

Don you think its rather odd that Killzone got pushed to feb in favour of resistance 2...and not the other way around?

Around the Network

I was uninterested TBH but I'm getting more interested based on latest videos / previews. I won't have it on pre-order or anything like that but if reviews/internet feedback is good I'll probably give it a whirl.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

disolitude said:
Redcoat222 said:

Don you think its rather odd that Killzone got pushed to feb in favour of resistance 2...and not the other way around?

Also sony is putting more effort in too it than resistance2 i guess they really want killzone 2 succed.

Yes it is a bit, at least from the point of view that it will apparently be finished first. My tentative guess would be that Resistance is now something of an established franchise among the PS3 userbase and that they therefore have more confidence that it will become a Christmas blockbuster.

But who knows what kind of politics go on between Sony's various first and second party developers.

Redcoat222 said:
Yes it is a bit, at least from the point of view that it will apparently be finished first. My tentative guess would be that Resistance is now something of an established franchise among the PS3 userbase and that they therefore have more confidence that it will become a Christmas blockbuster.

But who knows what kind of politics go on between Sony's various first and second party developers.

My theory is that they don't want killzon2 vs Gears of war 2 head on match up.

I'll probably pick it up at some point. Although, if the game has online/splitscreen/LAN co-op, I'll probably be much more inclined to pick it up closer to release.

The game looks great so far. It looks very visceral like COD4 was. I mean, seriously, what made COD4 so great? What innovations did it have? People keep clamoring for innovation, but I say fuck that. Just give me a fun game. If it turns out to be innovative, great. If not, then I don't care as long as the game is fun. I just hope that Killzone 2 does a better job hiding the respawning enemies than COD4 did.