By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When does MGS4 start to get really engaging?

makingmusic476 said:
rocketpig said:
DMeisterJ said:
kn said:

Since I've not played the previous ones.

We have identifiied the problem.

MGS4 is fan service, through and through, so if you've never played it before, it'll probably be really hard for you to get "into" it.

Especially the end boss battle. It would be entirely lame if you haven't played the earlier games.

Personally, I thought the end battle was genius, even though the controls sucked ass.

I LOVED that battle. :)

I did too and I only played the MGS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

MGS4 was amazing. It was my first MGS game. I especially liked following that guy in Act 3. The Laughing Octopus boss fight was very creative. Although I didn't know the story, the action cutscenes were awesome. At the beginning of Act 4 where it changes to PS1 graphics (MGS1 I guess) I was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!!111!!1 what do I do here? ARGH! The controls are different, what the hell do I press!?

Amazing game

mgs4 is the best game this gen so far.

everytime i boot it up im instantly engaged. great grafix great sound great gameplay great contorls, great online

a perfect package.

its best that you play through it yourself, otherwise you will get to many spoilers.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

If you don't like it by now, trade it away.

The controls are great.

Around the Network

its good all the time,but it realy picks up at act 3

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"