By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock for ps3...your thoughts??

What does everyone hear think about bioshock coming to the ps3. I'm still not sure if I'll be buying it, I wasn't really impressed with it when I played it on my 360 (when I had one), even though some mags rated it as game of the year material last year. I think Call of Duty 4 was a better candidate last year. Although the ps3 version of Oblivion was supposed to be the better version because of it's later release, maybe the same will apply for bioshock?

Around the Network

Sounds good, but I'd like a demo. Doubt we will get it though.

Doubt we'll get the demo, or the actual game? Cuz it's on the reserve lists at all the gamestops in my area, and has been confirmed in the game informer magazine, the full game is happening, no doubt about that

Upgraded visuals has been stated by the devs.  I hear the originals weren't shabby.  So yeah, like Oblivion.

saab said:
Doubt we'll get the demo, or the actual game? Cuz it's on the reserve lists at all the gamestops in my area, and has been confirmed in the game informer magazine, the full game is happening, no doubt about that

Pretty sure he meant the demo, there is no reason for them to cancel the game at this stage.  As for me, I probably won't buy it (played it on the PC).  But the extra content could warrant a rental at least.

Around the Network

well i played it on 360 so i wont be getting it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
well i played it on 360 so i wont be getting it

Yeah, same here, I've already played through most of it on 360, but something seemed...I don't want to use the word bland, because it had it's unique qualities about it, but something just seemed dull about it...something kept me from finishing it and it wasn't add, lol

I played it on PC, but I might get it for PS3 when it comes out since I had to play it on completely shittastic visual settings on my POS computer.

saab said:
What does everyone hear think about bioshock coming to the ps3. I'm still not sure if I'll be buying it, I wasn't really impressed with it when I played it on my 360 (when I had one), even though some mags rated it as game of the year material last year. I think Call of Duty 4 was a better candidate last year. Although the ps3 version of Oblivion was supposed to be the better version because of it's later release, maybe the same will apply for bioshock?

Call of Duty for was not allowed in any game of the year competitions, we all know CoD 4 WOULD have won.

Gearbox said:
saab said:

Call of Duty for was not allowed in any game of the year competitions, we all know CoD 4 WOULD have won.

Damn, I didn't know it wasn't in the running for it last year, do you know why that is?