By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock for ps3...your thoughts??

I considered it one of the main reasons to get a 360. I like story driven games like mgs, r&c, oblivion, etc. So Im excited to try out bioshock. Halo doesnt appeal to me cause of the shallow story, same with COD4 and GRAW2. (not that they arent great action games)

Around the Network
saab said:
What does everyone hear think about bioshock coming to the ps3. I'm still not sure if I'll be buying it, I wasn't really impressed with it when I played it on my 360 (when I had one), even though some mags rated it as game of the year material last year. I think Call of Duty 4 was a better candidate last year. Although the ps3 version of Oblivion was supposed to be the better version because of it's later release, maybe the same will apply for bioshock?

Its possible they would be able to enhance the graphics a bit.  But if you werent impressed with the game then, you likely wont be impressed now.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

It's quite simple- I think... that BioShock... is a traitor. And 2K Games has committed public sudoku. *sips milk from a wine glass*

Ahem. What I mean to say is that I think it'll probably be fine. The guys who worked on Dark Sector are porting this, and I don't remember hearing any complaints about the PS3 version of Dark Sector over the 360 version.

Will get it if the price is right.

Will buy. Played it in my friend's house for like 5-10 min and literally no joke, the xbox 360 froze. That completely messed up my flow, but anyways its a good game from wat i've played with pretty good visuals (back when I played it, dont know how it'll be when it launches..again)

Around the Network

There are 3 or so studios porting it. Lot of love beeing put into it, it seams. Yeh, I will be buying it day one. I ended up making a big mistake and bought Oblivion for my 360, then played the PS3 version, so the 360 one I sold and bought the PS3 one sraight away. There just is no comparison with the 2. I have a strong feeling it will be a similar thing with Bioshock, visuals should look wayyyyy better on the PS3 version, we'll see though.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

FilaBrasileiro said:
Will get it if the price is right.

Come on man, you know just as well as I do, the price is never right until it's free, lol

HanzoTheRazor said:
There are 3 or so studios porting it. Lot of love beeing put into it, it seams. Yeh, I will be buying it day one. I ended up making a big mistake and bought Oblivion for my 360, then played the PS3 version, so the 360 one I sold and bought the PS3 one sraight away. There just is no comparison with the 2. I have a strong feeling it will be a similar thing with Bioshock, visuals should look wayyyyy better on the PS3 version, we'll see though.

Good to know there was a big difference between the oblivions, I didn't know cuz I haven't played either of them, I just read about it and heard from other people, but I did feel like the graphics of bioshock on the 360 were a bit exaggerated ( I thought they were weak) maybe that's what lost my attention.

Maybe I didn't word that well enough, people talked to highly of the graphics being the $h*%. My friend for instance came to work one day and told me I had to go out and buy bioshock immediately for the 360 because the opening scene was so awesome...I felt like going to work and firing him when I got back because I just wasted sixty bucks.

HanzoTheRazor said:

Doubt the visuals will be improved by that much. Prolly just a lil bit more polish, they have other things to work on (trophies, Home support, possible sixaxis motion [OH GOD no]). Day 1 purchase for me too, one of the only games that I REALLY wanted to play from the 360 (saw my friend play Gears, then played it, not the "end all, be all" game that everybody made it out to be)