By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - N'Gai if you liked Indigo Prophecy, you'll love Heavy Rain

Indigo prophecy was the best. It's sorta like an old-school point and click action adventure game, mixed in with a Matrix 1 type of story.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Indigo prophecy was the best. It's sorta like an old-school point and click action adventure game, mixed in with a Matrix 1 type of story.

mixed with a terrible Matrix type of story.

ive never played indigo prophecy

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Hope it does well, but am afraid it will fall into obscurity.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

@CDiablo

It's being published by Sony, so it's sure to get its fair share of hype (for better of for worse)

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
was the game any good?

Indigo Prophecy blended gaming and cinema in such a compelling, rewarding fashion, Metal Gear Solid only wishes it could compete.

...for the first 2/3 of the game, anyway.  Apparently, the publisher decided abruptly that it would be a disc-based game that must be shipped immediately, instead of the episodic game it was supposed to be.  They had to sort of slap the ending together.  But it's still one HELL of a ride that's not to be missed.  You can download an expanded version (called Fahrenheit) at some websites for $20.  Trust me, it's worth it.

And I have none but the highest expectations for HR.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
jman8 said:
@CDiablo

It's being published by Sony, so it's sure to get its fair share of hype (for better of for worse)

As much as I want the game to be successful, it is still an Adventure game, and I don't think there's even been an Adventure game reach 1 millions copies sold in the last 8 years (except the Professor Layton games, but even that was mostly in Japan).

shio said:
jman8 said:
@CDiablo

As much as I want the game to be successful, it is still an Adventure game, and I don't think there's even been an Adventure game reach 1 millions copies sold in the last 8 years (except the Professor Layton games, but even that was mostly in Japan).

True, but a game doesn't have to sell a million copies to be good or successful. Even if it sold just 500,000 copies at $60 a pop, it would generate $30 million in retail. Probably enough to be profitable.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

How long is Indigo Prophecy? I own the game, I just haven't had a chance to play it. Can I get through it in a couple of sittings?

My Top 5:

I liked Fahrenheit (I refuse terminately to call it IP). It started awesome, in the end it declined a bit, the ending was not as good as I hoped, and the QTE sections sometimes were sometimes a bit too long and bothersome, but the game is definitely worth playing, it tells a great story, it offers a nice twist to adventure games, and it sucks you in from the beginning. I hope Quantic Dreams delivers on Heavy Rain as they did with Fahrenheit, I've been keeping an eye on this since I heard the developers of Fahrenheit were doing it.