By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hall of Shame - Game Party become Million Seller Now!

Riachu said:
I feel sorry for the casual gamers that bought this game and suffered playing it.

How many people hear complaining about Game Party reaching 1M have BOUGHT the game? Or even PLAYED the game?

I have a copy and can tell you that the Shuffle Board is cool, the darts is fun and I pulled muscles on the hoops shooting.

I will admit that the trivia is a bit lame, the skill ball is done better elsewhere (see Carnival Games), the air hockey is pedestrian and the ping cup (bear pong) is frustrating.

There is also a feature in the game for seasonal characters. For example, I could play as Santa Claus at Christmastime. I have never seen that documented, however.

Nevertheless, this game moved so well that Gamestop/EB in the US sold it for $25 -- that's a $5 mark-up on the suggested price tag.

The game scored low because it is a mini game collection and reviewers HATE those as well as it being on the Wii and reviewers HATE the system as well. (OK, I admit these are over-the-top generalizations but there is some truth to this in many instances).

I even plan to buy Game Party 2.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Consider this, Wild Hogs received a metacritic score of 27 and still had a US box-office of $168,273,550 ... This isn't an isolated event, and many of the worse reviewed movies of the year see US box-office results at higher than $25 Million; and when you consider worldwide ticket and DVD sales these movies can see profits of $100,000,000.

Now, one of the questions that has to be asked whenever you see this kind of disparity is "Are these scores fair given what people are looking for and value when they decide to pay for this product?" ... If you saw a review score for a McDonalds' Restaurant odds are it would be (the equlivalent) a 20% score or lower because the real quality of the food and service is pretty awful, but (as most of us will argree with) you typically choose to go to McDonalds because it is easy, cheap, filling and familiar (things which are typically not valued in a review).

Movies are different, and critics are much much harsher.

In Videogames anything below a 70 is considered "bad" by gamer standards.

In movies a rating of 50-60 usually means its a decent movie to go watch. Also I try to stay away from the top rated movies by critics, i find that my enjoyment of the movie is inversely related to how hig hthe critics rate it, with few exceptions like LOTR.

I enjoyed wild hogs, i would of seen it in the movies, In a critics eye a movie is either 5 stars or 1 star.

fine, only third party games with "party" in the title sell :P

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

kitler53 said:
amp316 said:
Well, I'm from Chicago so go Midway I guess (that's where they are based).

from chicago?  me too - how are you feeling about chicago olymics.

It could happen. There is a good chance. For some reason I think that it's going to be in Madrid. We'll see.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

There's a reason for it being a million seller - it was priced at £19.99 upon release and it's been slashed to £12.97.

If you could pick up NMh, Z&W, Boom Blox or pro evo for just over £10.00 then hey'd be million sellers too. This is the price that Carnival games, Game Party and EA playground are all priced at and have been priced at.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_vg_h_/026-8664263-6020422?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=carnival+games&x=19&y=16

Around the Network

A female 'casual gamer' friend of mine learned her lesson about impulse buys through this game. She actually didn't think there might be bad games. Now she doesn't buy games without asking for my opinion or checking a review.

BKK2 said:
Hawk said:
kingofwale said:
I hope nobody, NOBODY is ever going to say "Third party games don't sell on Wii"

Frankly, all it needs is either a Nintendo character, or words such as "party". Gameplay? Who needs gameplay

Seriously now, why do you care what other people enjoy? Just another opprtunity to slam other people for not liking what you do. Hmmmm, now why does a person constantly slam others for not thinking like they do.....

Just because they bought it doesn't mean they enjoyed it.

Very true, very true.  But just because you may not like it, doesn't mean they don't either

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I had the misfortune of playing Sports Party this evening. It's a similar mini game collection with eight games including volleyball, croquet and lawn darts. I tried to enjoy it but the action was painfully slow and the controls are inaccurate. I'm sure its name will guarantee it good sales though.

I blame the "casuals" lol. Seriously, I need to develop a wii title...

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I have it cuz it was cheap and because i plan on owning a wii someday, plus my best friend has a wii so i can play it at his house, and it was just an average game, not horrible, not good, but a little too buggy depending on the game but the darts and hoops game makes it worth the $20.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting