By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's way forward in a world of exclusivity and moneyhatting.

makingmusic476 said:

Sony owns the Resistance IP. :P

And Sony isn't paying them, at least not in the traditional sense (outside of typical publisher duties - marketing, etc.).

Insomniac stays exclusive becuase they are in an excellent position.  They get all the benefits of being 1st party Sony (getting dev kits early, working with other first party studios to improve engine tech and make development easier, etc.), all while retaining their independence.

It's the best of both worlds, third party and first party, and they won't leave Sony unless Sony screws them over in some form.

Whilst I have absolutely no evidence to back this up, I think after resistance 2 there is a fair chance that insomniac will go multiplatform. In recent interviews, whenever asked about 360 development, they always say "we have nothing to announce at this stage" which is normally pr spin for yes, we do plan 360 development (see FF)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Around the Network

I'm sure MS might be taken to court for this if it were to continue. they try to monopolise on everything and they have been taken to court for this several times previously.

In fact it was just about a week ago when i was watching a documentary on MS and Bill gates, and the Big Bully tactic they used in their PC software business that has got them sued several times, they seem to be bringing the same strategy to the video game market.

All is fair in love and war until the government and law stick their fingers in your pie :S

Just to mention this as an aside... This made me think of the old days... Third party companies would have to pay Nintendo for the privilege of making a game for the NES, not the other way around.. Remember Tengen? Nintendo actually sued them because they made games for the NES without paying up first.