By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: 'Disappointed in Square Enix'

Of course they are surprised they lost their biggest exclusive game but on the other hand maybe sony should have secure ff13 instead.

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Of course they are surprised they lost their biggest exclusive game but on the other hand maybe sony should have secure ff13 instead.

GT5.

Munkeh111 said:
So basically Sony thinks M$ paid for it, which is not very surprising

Since Sony does own small part of SE, and is on the board of directors (I assume based on their 5% ownership), I can say that if anybody knows how Microsoft got the exclusive, it's Sony.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yeah whatsup with all the nuts who think that this wasn't a moneyhat deal?

As TheSource said, it proves that third-party developers can make intelligent business decisions. If companies weren't sure to go multi-platform before they have some more reason to consider after yesterday. Why throw away a 25 million installed user base for a little extra development time? Also why throw away a huge check from MS or Sony?

Around the Network

And where's the proof this was paid for?

And even if it was, why didn't the supposed deal include FF XIII in the region the 360 needed it most?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Xen said:
Tbone said:

GT5.

FF13 is (was?) a lot more hyped than GT5. Maybe not bigger saleswise, but I doubt a GT5 multiplatform announcement would have the impact FF13 multiplatform does for fans.

I did find it curious how they completely ignored FFXIII at the Sony press conference. What was their biggest game was not even presented amongst the exhibition of footage in the slightest.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Snake612 said:
what a stab in the back. thanks a lot square enix.

Like how Square-Enix and Konami stabbing Nintendo in the back?  What goes around come around.

bonkers555 said:
How could they be surprised about the announcement? Take2 GTAIV and Capcom DMC4 both sell better on the 360 then PS3. The only thing I'm suprise about was MGS4 didn't jump ship yet.

No

In the case of GTA, that is most popular in America, UK and the more shooter centric regions, also where the 360 is doing best, but the PS3 still has a higher attach rate. Anyway, the sales for this game will be different as there will be a much higher percent in Japan, where the PS3 is king (over the 360), so they will get plenty of sales there. Anyway, the jRPGs this gen have not have not had world breaking sales, even though they have been quite good, so taking it to the 360 is not going to have as big as an advantage as those other games. Anyway, if GTA IV had been exclusive the PS3 would have sold far more. Anyway, by the time XIII is released the install bases will be much closer, so the advantage that the 360 has had will not be as important in terms of sales.