By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One major difference between Sony and Microsoft at E3

Anyone notice we still don't have any information on GTA's DLC from MS...

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

I've noticed that Sony tends to show far more games that are being released at least a year or more away while Microsoft and Nintendo tend to be far more conservative and show games releasing this year (with very few exceptions). 

While it is very interesting to see the kinds of games we'll be seeing in a year (or couple of years) it also should be met with a lot of skepticism especially considering Sony's past.  For example we've all seen videos of what the PS1, PS2, and PS3 were supposedly capable of before the consoles were actually released and they failed to achieve what was promised.  We've also seen some games announced by Sony at E3 that were either later cancelled or simply did not live up to their hype.  In these ways it seems that Sony is by far the most guilty of using smoke and mirrors in their presentations to put uncertainty in the minds of console purchasers, especially those considering consoles based on what games are out for them now or in the near term.

Anyways I just wanted to make that point for all the people raving about Sony's E3 press conference.  I'm very sure that Microsoft and Nintendo could have easily showed games very early in development but for reasons we don't know of they didn't.  Some may complain about that but remember, at least it helps to keep them honest and reduces the chances of you getting your hopes up only to later have them dashed.

AMEN

lol @ damage control from the sonyfans

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

This is just another troll thread bashing Sony. Try again Legend. Talk about your X360 games. MicroShaft steals games from Sony: GTA IV, DMC 4 and now FF XIII. Make your own games MS. Stop stealing our games.

I'm pretty sure I heard a lot of buzz around Halo 3 and Fable 2 the very same year the 360 launched, but it could be imaginary. FFXIII will also be miles away yet, SE has yet to show any gameplay and they are usually very early at it with gp footage for their titles (especially FF titles) and one can only imagine that suddenly going duo-platform will have pushed the release even farther back at this point so this one huge game looks like a temporary stalemate or perhaps even potential loss/loss situation for MS and Sony.

So legend, can you ask the mods to lock your thread now? I know it's coming.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Yeah. Resistance 2. Years away! So is Little Big Planet! So is SOCOM: Confrontation! So far away!

/thread

Try again legend.

Youve forgot teh Motorstormz 2z ... we will be lucky if we can get it in 2020 :o

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

DMeisterJ said:
EaglesEye379 said:
Very true. I also think it takes some balls to defer a game from your biggest franchise from arguably one of your best 3rd party developers.

If people dont know who I am obviously talking about, its Bungie and their newest Halo game reveal cancellation. It clearly was going to be a 2009 release.

Also, they have stopped saying things will get sequel/trilogy treatments.

I think MS learnt alot from the Too Human fiasco.

I hope so.

Too Human turns out to be crap.  MS can't be happy over that.

@ tombi

Exactly.

actualy i dont like it that much... but we will wait and see the full game.

I think he raises valid points.

Rock_on_2008 said:

This is just another troll thread bashing Sony. Try again Legend. Talk about your X360 games. MicroShaft steals games from Sony: GTA IV, DMC 4 and now FF XIII. Make your own games MS. Stop stealing our games.

If they were "your" games, they couldn't be stolen. That's probably why Sony is putting a lot more effort into first party stuff now.

Rock_on_2008 said:

and thats show ho is stronger.