By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fat Princess - The Underrated Gem of E3?

You know when I saw it I thought it was a joke.. But then I laughed. It looks hilarious.

Around the Network
lolita said:
You know when I saw it I thought it was a joke.. But then I laughed. It looks hilarious.

So did I, haha, but this paragraph ensured me Greg was quite serious.

"Fat Princess isn't just good, it's really good. It's by far the best PlayStation Network game I've played since PixelJunk Monsters, it's the best videogame I've played in quite sometime, and I'm pretty sure it's going to end up getting my vote for the best game at E3."

Greg Miller is hilarious. I can't wait until I catch up on podcasts to hear him talk about that game.

Just the name makes it awesome.

And, as I understand it, the game isn't about being a Fat Princess, its about feeding the Fat Princess, and about saving the Fat Princess. Somehow, that makes it even better in my book.

I would like to see this with 256 players. :)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network
steven787 said:
I would like to see this with 256 players. :)

Lol. New standard everybody!

I haven't seen any footage because I never saw E3, but it sounds interesting. Hopefully we hear more soon.

It looks cool, and off the fucking wall. In terms of goofy originality, only that game with the zombie zoo animals comes close.

So I wonder if you manage to get her thin again. Not saying she should be a stick, just that being that heavy is not healthy.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I'm not much for BBW, but she's pretty hot.

Uh... and the game looks nice, too! Score another one for PSN, it looks like.

Kasz216 said:

Seemed like a simple enough premise...  the fat princess waddles throughout the level slowly and you have to hurry and kill everything in her path first, coming back occasionally to help her out.

Or at least that's what i got out of the short E3 trailer.

You make it sound like Blast Corps, A lot of the PSN games looked good, there was more downloadable games that interested me in both Sony and MS conference than retail release's.

Sounds like a first day buy for me along with Rag doll Kung Fu. When I saw the art style in the E3 presentation, I knew it'd be good. Then I need Pixeljunk Eden, Flower, R&C, and Siren to round out my PSN games.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.