By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Fat Princess - The Underrated Gem of E3?

I love how much blood is in this 'cute' game!

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Around the Network

This game will be awesome. I love quirky titles like this.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Dogs Rule said:
Stats87 said:
Torillian said:
sounds amazingly hilarious and quirky....love it

definitely, the fact it is up to 32 players gets me even more interested in it

"Fat Princess puts you on a team of eight to 32 cute-as-pie cartoony male and female characters"

Each team can have 32 players for a total of 64 players. :)

chaos confirmed!

Kotaku said it might be their GotY. Big talk.

http://kotaku.com/5025699/fat-princess-on-psn-could-be-our-gots 

Fat Princess, On PSN, Could Be Our GOTS

It's not often a product description like this comes along, so I'm going to let it speak for itself:

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart.

Around the Network

apparently the other team steels your princess and they feed her so much that she can't move anymore ,,,so the crew needs to fight their way in to take their princess back and since she is heavy every one need to help.(not 100% sure)

does any one know what the deal is with the game?was my guess right?

skip said:

http://kotaku.com/5025699/fat-princess-on-psn-could-be-our-gots 

Fat Princess, On PSN, Could Be Our GOTS

It's not often a product description like this comes along, so I'm going to let it speak for itself:

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There?s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it?s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart.

Ah, game of the show, not game of the year...I was close enough =)

I guess the amount of players is conflicting between kotaku and IGN.

kotaku: "Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart."

IGN:""Fat Princess puts you on a team of eight to 32 cute-as-pie cartoony male and female characters"

Which implies that each team can have 32 players for a total of 64 players.

@Spartan
Your explanation sounds correct. We'll know more as it is revealed.

sc94597 said:
Looks kinda like this game.

Yes. How nice there will be at least two disgustingly cute yet horribly violent downloadable titles with established gameplay attached to a bizarre premise. It's like there made specfically for freaks just like me. Now if only there were releases dates on either of these games.

Dogs Rule said:
I guess the amount of players is conflicting between kotaku and IGN.

kotaku: "Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart."

IGN:""Fat Princess puts you on a team of eight to 32 cute-as-pie cartoony male and female characters"

Which implies that each team can have 32 players for a total of 64 players.

@Spartan
Your explanation sounds correct. We'll know more as it is revealed.

It is 32, just a poor choice of words by IGN.  Anyways this game looks like it will be a ton of fun, day one.