By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is everyone saying MAG trailer was ingame? - Its 100% CGI

Million said:
Zucas said:
People thought that was in game haha? I need names haha.

I did , sue me.

That's not somehting I'd share with others.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
gebx said:
naznatips said:

That really has nothing to do with the discussion. Don't troll.

Where did I troll?  I said that you were wrong.  Don't understand how that's trolling.

You expressed support for Sony at one point in time, therefore you are a fanboy troll!

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Has somebody actually got some proof that this is CGI or otherwise? Or are we all just basing this off of a youtube video?

Pk9394 said:
all I'll said, Good Luck on the Lag issue!!!! its already super lag with 50 players camping at some notorious monster spot in MMORPG, now imagine 256 players required fast input action on a FPS. I don't care how powerful your system but when you have 256 players from all over the globe fighting at the sametime, you better expect some major lag.

The PS3 exclusive games use dedicated servers to host lag free games.  In RFoM you can have 40 players in a room all throwing hedgehog grenades and bullets going through walls and each player shooting the rocket launcher off using the secondary fire which shoots 5+ rockets out of the first rocket with zero lag and no slowdown.  The same stuff will happen in R2 with its greatly improved graphics and with 60 plaers, and the same thing will happen next year with MAG and its 256 players.

Im positive this game will not be getting any awards for best graphics, its made by Zipper who were never known for high quality graphics, but these guys are definitely good at online gameplay so hopefully they can do what they did on Ps2 again on the Ps3 but on a whole nother level =)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network
Pk9394 said:
all I'll said, Good Luck on the Lag issue!!!! its already super lag with 50 players camping at some notorious monster spot in MMORPG, now imagine 256 players required fast input action on a FPS. I don't care how powerful your system but when you have 256 players from all over the globe fighting at the sametime, you better expect some major lag.

It's not always 256, it's up to 256.  Could be twenty, could be 200.  And there are no fifty player games on the PS3.  Fail?

This game looks ambitious....

Those who still insist that this is in game is a liar...

Torillian said:

@FJ
how does watching actual gameplay tell me what a cutscene using the in game engine could look like? Wouldn't it make more sense to watch MGS4?

I never noticed any of these unnatural animations as you mention in those cutscenes, but perhaps they were there.

If you play game like those (Online multiplayer) you will notice that those games don't show many secuences like those, the movement is more simple, and there is just a few animations that can be triggered, like dying or flying due to an explosion, why, because all that info goes to the web, x thing happened, now send the message to all the clients to trigger the event...

This is what devs usually try to avoid, huge amounts of unwanted traffic... like I said, if you have ever played games like this you will able to notice this too, and since this game feature a huge gameplay, small human like soft movements, like turning the head, or naturally turining the body will not be featured...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

gah.....FJ.....I am in no way saying that what was shown was gameplay, that would be ridiculous. I am saying that it could have been a cutscene done with the in-game engine. two different things. I definitely realize that there won't be any large hand signals in the gameplay, but they could still use the character models and the game engine to make a cutscene with hand signals.

Ya besta getsa useta the idea that PS3 games look that good so if it was CGI it don matter because theres no doubt that PS3 could push those kind of graphics. Need evidence? Uncharted, a first gen PS3 title.