By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why is everyone saying MAG trailer was ingame? - Its 100% CGI

this is just going to go round in circles
if its good enough for a mod to say its all-in game or from the game enginge whatever it was, then its good enough for me

Around the Network

Some of it (maybe even a majority) was probably in-game. However, I can pretty much guarantee you the scene where they blow up the gate and all the APCs come charging in was NOT in-game. Did you see how realistic that explosion was? With NO frame-rate drop? NO game on ANY platform, even PC, can currently render that in real-time. None.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

The game is definitely ambitious and could be very, very cool if it all comes together.

Still, I don't understand why people are touting this game as being innovative. It looks like an updated PlanetSide to me. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's far from innovative.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

i dont think much of it was in game but i gess its just targert footage

gebx said:
DMeisterJ said:
More importantly, why do you care? You don't like the PS3 anyway. Just want something bad to say about Sony?

Because I like history.. I like how it keeps repeating itself

Thus ike Killzone2 you might as well get ready to cry huge tears of jealousy when they show of in game and blows every one away.

Should have learned from history.

Around the Network

i want to see a demo with the 256 people before i believe it... sony promises for games sometimes seem to end up being less than true..... what is the highest we have now 64 (for consoles)? is this all remotly hosted? how much will the graphics suffer to make this work? will there be a miniume cable speed to be able to play?

its not that i hate sony or something, this just seems a bit unbelievable.

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
i want to see a demo with the 256 people before i believe it... sony promises for games sometimes seem to end up being less than true..... what is the highest we have now 64 (for consoles)? is this all remotly hosted? how much will the graphics suffer to make this work? will there be a miniume cable speed to be able to play?

its not that i hate sony or something, this just seems a bit unbelievable.

Just what is so unbelievable ?

Insomniacs is making R2 with 60 players and that only at best 1/4th of the entire game.  Mag is all about online, no story just online thats all they are working on. 

Last Socom came out on NOv 06, so logicly its safe to assume they have been worling on this close to 2 years now.

Iam sure they would not come out and say 256 if they werent already making it work.

Pk9394 said:
all I'll said, Good Luck on the Lag issue!!!! its already super lag with 50 players camping at some notorious monster spot in MMORPG, now imagine 256 players required fast input action on a FPS. I don't care how powerful your system but when you have 256 players from all over the globe fighting at the sametime, you better expect some major lag.

It's called Planetside, a PC game that came out a while back had battles even bigger than that in it and it didn't lag very much.  Also at the high point in the day on high population servers there are often multiple hundred people in the trade district of Stormwind or Ironforge and it doesn't lag at all on my computer.

PC Gamer
Ickalanda said:
Pk9394 said:
all I'll said, Good Luck on the Lag issue!!!! its already super lag with 50 players camping at some notorious monster spot in MMORPG, now imagine 256 players required fast input action on a FPS. I don't care how powerful your system but when you have 256 players from all over the globe fighting at the sametime, you better expect some major lag.

It's called Planetside, a PC game that came out a while back had battles even bigger than that in it and it didn't lag very much.  Also at the high point in the day on high population servers there are often multiple hundred people in the trade district of Stormwind or Ironforge and it doesn't lag at all on my computer.

Hehe good ole Shattrath can be laggy if the morons on my server decide to run around with all their NPC pets -_- But i still pull 60 fps even eith that. It is a PC tho and I believe the largest amount of players on a console to date is 64. Huxley is supposed to be 200 (MMOFPS) and we'll see how MAG turns out.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Ickalanda said:
Pk9394 said:

Planet Side had horrendous lag for me when there was a big battle going on. Maybe it got fleshed out later on, but when it released the game was a lagfest for any truely epic battle. That was many years ago though, so it could well work now.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229