By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

HAHAHA XD...

I agree NederWeed is awesome but don't take to much or you make crazy threads like this (still funny though) ^^'';

Around the Network

And watching the latest trailer for Wii Music, damn those Disney tricks, im more interested. Nintendo are at least trying to cater to the family market, kids etc. You remember we used to be kids at some point, without Nintendo what will kids have to play with these days? GTA, well i dk, anyway thats my point.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

noname2200 said:
XiaoMay said:
Well

They DID announced the three game that will sell the most among all annoucements made in E3...

Even FF13 will never get anywhere close to Wii Music, Wii Sport 2 or AC Wii...

But is it a fact to be happy about ? Not so sure...

sad

Just remember last year. YouTube montages, a little WiiFit, E3 ends...and then we get the goodies. I'm thinking it'll be the same thing this year.

any exemple ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

11ht11 said:

LOL, people complain about Wii Fit last year too...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

The only way to win E3 is go casual or online huh? So it´s not the most impressive line-up that wins, but the one that will sell the more like in the past?

Around the Network

Winner = most media attention = nintendo.

simple as that. They could of announced nothing but petz babyz and still win.

I have to agree. I said last year that Nintendo won, but no one would realize it until WiiFit was released. It was clear that Nintendo got their message through to the mainstream media, and they managed to make a targeted appeal to new gamers while still being able to release Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart.

Today Nintendo did much of the same. They are going to continue to sell loudly to the vast, untapped market, knowing full well that core gamers will have no trouble finding their games once they hit the market.

To me, MS's presentation was stale and stilted, the demoed gameplay often a bit dull (the Fallout stuff looked much better later on G4), and the hosts acharismatic. Only theFF13 Megaton saved them.

Nintendo and Sony both gave polished presentations, with far more effective presenters. Surely Sony served up the red meat to the core gamers, and did so very well. But there also seemed to be a good deal of spinning going on - as was the case with MS- and too much willingness to emphasize past glories rather than the current state of the PS3 (which is much improved, but they can't admit that without admitting last year's dismal performance). However, in terms of the actual presentation, Sony's was the best.

But in the end, while Nintendo has, so far, taken a hit with core gamers (though they can fix that with some late announcements), they have planted the seeds for even more international coverage when WiiMusic and Wii Sports 2 get released, and the new Sports title is the one guaranteed 10 million seller on display. Nintendo is in the drivers seat right now, and nothing we've seen here will change that.

axumblade said:

What better way to get support from their target audience  then have a lady that looks like someones mom announce all the lovely casual games. That's strategy right there.

Actually I thought it was a good move, given their desire to reach out to those who have ovaries. That's a big chunk of customers long ignored by the gaming industry.

However... I would have LOVED to seem them expand the battle between Reggie and Cammi throughout the show, as a proxy battle between causals and cores. That sort of playful back and forth could have ben fun AND satisfied both audiences.

Are you people kidding me? For weeks, and WEEKS we have been pounded and pummeled by you Wii fans with threads declaring E3 already won because Nintendo was going to announce this amazing line up of core games that will finally bring in the HD people on game play alone. That we would see all these amazing IP's brought in and there would be nothing but massive AAA titles to be found for the Wii.

There was NONE of that here. NONE. So now you all change your tune to, well they showed 3 games that are going to sell well. Really? REALLY? Three games? Thats all it takes now to "win" E3? If ANYONE won this E3 it was Microsoft for dropping the biggest bomb of the conference. All Nintendo had was a continueing policy of ignoring what their core audience wants, better online, more storage and AAA core games.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

nintendo dissapointed me

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"