By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

Sony easily won. Anyone who says otherwise is an ill-informed MS fanboy idiot.

MGS4!

Around the Network

You guys are great. I was laughing through the MS conference until the FF13 thing, it was that bad.

The sony show was better, i think much better

azrm2k said:
ssj12 said:

FFXIII is not that important... I;m sorry it isnt.

Did you honestly type that with a straight face or were you laughing while you did it?

I'll copy/paste my post from another topic:

They have gotten several of the most rabid Sony fanboys (and I say that in the nicest possible way ) to second guess their purchase or possibly cancel a future planned purchase of a PS3. That is MASSIVE!

How many PS3s will move because of MAG?
How many PS3s won't move because of FFXIII going to 360?

That is why I think the FFXIII announcement was massive enough to give MS this E3.

They still have FFXIII exclusive in Japan, which is a big deal since it is where they need it the most

They'll still get a boost in Europe (albeit smaller)

As for North America, that is where they take the biggest hit. But by the time FFXIII comes out, we have no idea what the state of NA will be.

Losing FFXIII in NA/EU was a loss for sure, but it isn't the be all to end all. Plus what rational PS3/360 owner will get it for the 360? (based on what we know right now) Will people buy the 1 Disc version that was made on that system first, or will they buy the multi-disc port?

Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
lol @ everyone that denies that Microsoft won e3.

What did they show that was groundbreaking? I guess you are a fan of casual titles? Sony won easily. Infamous, MAG, 80gb for 399, video store. They owned everything MS had.

Groundbraking you ask?

They stole the frigging exclusivity of PS3's most important game. You can damage control all you want, but that ALONE is enough to win E3.

Besides that the Netflix deal is enormous. Gears of War 2 was at least equal to Resistance 2.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Stats87 said:
selnor said:
Still on Damage control I see. Sony's conference was concentrating on games for spring 2009 and onwards. Does that not worry you? Every year Sony do the same. And it was far better than Nintendo conference, but Gears 2 and Fable 2 owned the graphics crown at E3. Also The PSN stuff paled in comparison to Live announcements. M$ win.

• LBP?
  • Resistance?
  • Valkyria Chronicles?
  • R&C Future: QfB?
  • Siren?

If not for the FFXIII annoucement, Microsofts conference was useless. They didn't show us anything truly new and just confirmed what we already knew about Gears of War 2.

And how many of those were new announcements, again? Just QfB as far as I know. In terms of actual games shown, MS = Sony. Fable 2, BK, VP, Portal XBLA, and GOW2 were huge for 360 players, and will most likely outsell all games you just mentioned.

what? im sorry but seriously what? Sony announced around 20 new titles. M$ announced what 5? Not very impressive now is it? Nintendo announced more games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Final Fantasy will sell PS3 in Japan, else where i don't know, but people with PS2 will probably upgrade to PS3, people have to get used to that, user base is key and thats where Sony holds the trump card.

well seeing as how ff13 wasnt there biggest exclusive....... and the fact that its stil exclusive in japan(where final fantasy games sell the most and are the most popular). I would have to say they the majority of the people who used that logic are wrong.

they were all 3 worst than expected, but Nintendos' MotionPlus, Wii Speak, Animal Crossing with online, Wii Sports 2 and GTA for Ds was the best of all 3!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

256 player wow if halo has issues with 1 in 16 player lag imagine 256...

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj