By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

LOL MATURE said:
Stats87 said:
selnor said:
Still on Damage control I see. Sony's conference was concentrating on games for spring 2009 and onwards. Does that not worry you? Every year Sony do the same. And it was far better than Nintendo conference, but Gears 2 and Fable 2 owned the graphics crown at E3. Also The PSN stuff paled in comparison to Live announcements. M$ win.

LBP?

Resistance?

Valkyria Chronicles?

R&C Future: QfB?

Lol compared to MS putting all their eggs for a game being released in 2010...

Yeah because Gears2, Fable2, Banjo, and Viva Pinata are all terrible and will sell only 500k copies. Seriously dude you need to chill. You are just spouting crap. Im a Sony fan and I give the nod to MS as well as the other reasonable Sony fans on here. You really need to take it easy.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Microsoft won E3 easily.... a small trailer for god of war 3 with no in game footage and the announcment of MAG is simply not as good as microsoft getting final fantasy 13 and PORTAL 2 ......

OH NO, NOT PORTAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm an avid Sony gamer, and I agree with Bingoo... I knew they were going to show God of War 3. There is no point to a teaser CGI trailer of a game everyone knows is happening.

Depends what "win" means.

If winning is about offering more- ths ps3 definitely has to offer much more.

As for M$- they got the hype, though FF13 is not exclusive for 360. If it was, then M$ would have really gotten Sony in real trouble.

My guess is that Sony won- God of War III, Resistance 2, LittleBig Planet, MAG, DC Online- it's great that Sony aren't shooting for just one target group like MS does ( now going with the casuals, year before was the FPS console).

Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
lol @ everyone that denies that Microsoft won e3.

What did they show that was groundbreaking? I guess you are a fan of casual titles? Sony won easily. Infamous, MAG, 80gb for 399, video store. They owned everything MS had.

Groundbraking you ask?

They stole the frigging exclusivity of PS3's most important game. You can damage control all you want, but that ALONE is enough to win E3.

Besides that the Netflix deal is enormous. Gears of War 2 was at least equal to Resistance 2.

Come on, they steal another PS3 exclusive, don't even get it released in Japan, and somehow they beat Sony's impressive showing of new and known games? MS fanboydom must be nice.

lol, hilarious. Everyone here knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy. That makes me at least more unbiased than you.

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:
Ronster316 said:
Microsoft won E3 easily.... a small trailer for god of war 3 with no in game footage and the announcment of MAG is simply not as good as microsoft getting final fantasy 13 and PORTAL 2 ......

OH NO, NOT PORTAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It would not be wise to Insult Portal...

Former something....

I just don't see how you think MS won. But you are entitled to your opinions I guess. Sony still provides the best gaming experience for the core gamers and they proved it this e3.

I love Sony but I would have to Disagree with the statement about them winning E3. First off they lost FFXIII exclusivity and now it is also being released on the Xbox 360. Has a Jrpg fan the only exlusive games that are left are White Knight Chronicles, Valkyrie Chronicles, Disageaa 3, and the other Final Fantasy game. I believe that Microsoft won E3 hands down this year.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:

What did they show that was groundbreaking? I guess you are a fan of casual titles? Sony won easily. Infamous, MAG, 80gb for 399, video store. They owned everything MS had.

Groundbraking you ask?

They stole the frigging exclusivity of PS3's most important game. You can damage control all you want, but that ALONE is enough to win E3.

Besides that the Netflix deal is enormous. Gears of War 2 was at least equal to Resistance 2.

Agree 100%. No matter how anybody spins it, FF XIII was Sony's BIGGEST exclusive and now that's multiplat.

I'm sorry, but MS won E3.

Exactly Multi-plat.  not exclusive.

So did MS win E3 cuz they showed multi-plat game Resident Evil 5?  no.

BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:
Xiru said:
BengaBenga said:

Groundbraking you ask?

Come on, they steal another PS3 exclusive, don't even get it released in Japan, and somehow they beat Sony's impressive showing of new and known games? MS fanboydom must be nice.

lol, hilarious. Everyone here knows I'm a Nintendo fanboy. That makes me at least more unbiased than you.

Lol, nintendo fanboy? Those exist? Actually, I have more credit just by the admission that you are a Ninty fanboy. Sony won, but if you feel different, thats ok. I just don't know why people hate on Sony so much, even when they give the best showing for GAMERS.