By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SONY WON E3 HANDS DOWN

Okay, but was there even a point to having a press conference for Sony this year? No. They didn't announce anything, they didn't show anything. We've all seen EVERYTHING that they showed, aside from a CG trailer for GOW3 (saw that coming, and was horrible unimpressed by it's showing), and MAG... Big Socom... Square didn't even MAKE an appearance

Around the Network

Sony's press conference was wack, they didn't own shit. Each of the big three had a lackluster showing. Microsoft wins due to dropping the only megaton.

BengaBenga said:
lol @ everyone that denies that Microsoft won e3.

Yes MS "won" (they sold me after all) but I still liked the Sony Show better. 

If I cared about any HD game other than FFXIII or Blu-ray I would probably go PS3, but I don't care so it's 360.  I have a Wii and a $1800 Homemade gaming rig.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Well, since all of those things listed in the OP amount to basically nothing interesting, then yes, FFXIII multiplat is better than nothing, so Sony lost.

I thought Sony's press conference was just as bad as Nintendo's honestly, showed more games sure, but had not a single interesting thing. At least 1:1 was a bone.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Infamous, Resistance, LBP... Titles we already knew about, GOW3 was expected
MAG was the real suprise there in my opinion...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
selnor said:
Still on Damage control I see. Sony's conference was concentrating on games for spring 2009 and onwards. Does that not worry you? Every year Sony do the same. And it was far better than Nintendo conference, but Gears 2 and Fable 2 owned the graphics crown at E3. Also The PSN stuff paled in comparison to Live announcements. M$ win.

• LBP?
  • Resistance?
  • Valkyria Chronicles?
  • R&C Future: QfB?
  • Siren?

If not for the FFXIII annoucement, Microsofts conference was useless. They didn't show us anything truly new and just confirmed what we already knew about Gears of War 2.

And how many of those were new announcements, again? Just QfB as far as I know. In terms of actual games shown, MS = Sony. Fable 2, BK, VP, Portal XBLA, and GOW2 were huge for 360 players, and will most likely outsell all games you just mentioned.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

azrm2k said:
ssj12 said:

FFXIII is not that important... I;m sorry it isnt.

Did you honestly type that with a straight face or were you laughing while you did it?

I'll copy/paste my post from another topic:

They have gotten several of the most rabid Sony fanboys (and I say that in the nicest possible way ) to second guess their purchase or possibly cancel a future planned purchase of a PS3.  That is MASSIVE!

How many PS3s will move because of MAG?
How many PS3s won't move because of FFXIII going to 360? 

That is why I think the FFXIII announcement was massive enough to give MS this E3.

how many 360s will sell in Japan due to FFXIII? none

how much will FFXIII push the 360? 100k launch week if that.

Basically FFXIII's announcement hurt FFXIII more then helped either Sony or M$.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Oh God! Oh God! Microsoft stole Final Fantasy 13!!! What am I going to do in 2010 when this game comes out? Buy the superior version when it comes out on PS3? Nooooooooo!!!

OT: Infamous looks HOT!!!

sony fanboys are in a riot these days.
They seem to think that showing all of sonys games makes them win.

Sony had jack shit besides god of war 3.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

mrstickball said:
Gamer4eva said:
It's not about who has the most threads about a certain topic but who has the best quality games. The Xbox 360.

Very true. Gears, RE5, Fallout, XIII, Star Ocean, IU, TLR. I couldn't agree more :)

MS actually gave us multiple genres to care about. Sony was all about shooters, and Nintendo was all about casual.

Yeah, that's right, LBP is a shooter.  So is DC universe.  And God of War.  Yup, all shooters.  So is Buzz!  That's a shooter too!  And SingStar!  Yup.  too many shooters.  And Ratchet and Clank.

Megaton =/= winning.

FFXIII is still multi-plat.