By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had the best E3 keynote?

No one WON e3. It was lackluster all around. We are reduced to debating which one sucked the least. Its like trying to argue who's crap doesn't smell quite as horrifying as any one else's in the room...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

Thing is, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony know E3 is a shell of what it used to be and I think they don't want to put everything they have into the shows anymore. Essentially, they don't really care.

DMeisterJ said:
PS3 > 360 >>>> Ninty

Microsoft made FFXIII multi-plat. Big deal. They didn't win E3 06 when they announced GTA IV multi-plat. Nintendo did. Also the pacing was horrible, as was the singer.

Sony showed games, paced it well, and delivered. Showed games that were coming out this year, demo'd R2, the premiere shooter this year, and some LBP. They made numbers fun with the sackboy, and did movie rentals, which people wanted, which you can BUY!.

Ninty. no direction. Horrible pacing, and that vice president with the broken wrist sucked.

Again Megaton =/= win.

wait you can buy them ?? i missed that i thought it was just 2.99 rentals

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

None of them excited me at all, but I was highly amused by what happened with MS's keynote. I suppose they get my vote for "best".

Opinion of a multiplatformgamer:

Nintendo 2/10

-We got an AWFULL woman as presentator.... I really hated her....She looked like my schoolteacher (now you know why I hate my teachers !)

-Shaun White game was shown (I still think it are better graphics than N64) it looks ok, but for sure not bad....And Shaun White himself..Damned long time ago I saw a ugly dork like him, I thought it was a geek first or that woman's son.

-Then we got Reggie back HURRAY!! He started to brag about the numbers, He deserved to do it.

-Then we got Wii sports Resorts that bored me as hell and the add on for the controller was not really something to be happy about.... The only thing that was good was Reggie's joke...That's why they call me Reggienator! (That was awesome).

-Then we got Animal crossing that looked very nice in combination with Wii speak.

- Then we got some 3d party games that we already have seen before.

- GTA on DS....I didnt bought the version on PS3/360 why do I want this one? And I am suspecting it will be like the GBA version...Ultimate Garbage!

- And then OMG we got Wii music......Did ya saw Miyamoto's face??? Omg I felt so sad for him....He was humilating himself...oh boy I want happy Miyamoto back (E3 04 as example).

- And then we also got a promise that they will not abondon the core gamers...Then why didn't you show something or announced something Nintendo???

The market looks like this now:

X360 fans: We are playing Great games!!
PS3 fans: We are waiting for Great games!!
Wii fans: We are hoping for Great games!!.

MS 8/10

- They showed us four games at the beginning:

RE5: looked awesome, the co-op mode was something I didn't know yet and I will get it, I only don't know on witch system..

GEOW 2: Beautifull, Beautifulll...BEAUTIFULLL.....OMG BEAUTIFULL!!!! That is it;..

Fallout 3: Looked great and me as Oblivion fan will just get it because it is from Bethesda <3. I will get it for X360 btw because of it is exclusive content.

Fable 2: Looked great, I am not really pumped for this game but so far it looks like I will buy it for sure (and that orb system was something great).

- Then some numbers....They showed only NPD....Yeah d'uh...Boring....And then that guy said something brave....X360 WILL SELL MORE THAN PS3... I have to say was the most interesting of whole his speech.

Then we got the new interface...I have to say it ...FINALLY!! The dashboard right now is really not something that i can be happy about ( I bought a Oblivion theme and I almost don't notice it X_X). The avatars are ok...Don't need it but oh well it is ok, those 1vs 100 games don't look like something I will do often..

- Portal will get exclusive levels on X360... When I heard that I was like.....OMG OMG OMG!!! Five minutes later I read Benkenobbi's comment 'Ha on pc you can make so many as you want' and I was like.... ...... ...... ...... .. Yeah very quiet...I just will get later the PC version I guess..

-South park Xbox live game....I love South Park....Do I ever loved a South Park game??? I never did but maybe this one will be good;

- Viva Pinata trailer was shown and I was like......;zzzzzzzzz....

-Banjo pumped me up because the game looks to have a lot of humour (I like that).

- Scene it and Singstar...Scrap that;...Lips were ...Meh...

- Then we got a lot of Rockband shit that didn't interested me..

- Se was there....They didn't pumped me..

-SE returns.....And then I saw FFXIII....Bro....BELGIUM WAS SHAKING AT THAT MOMENT WHEN THEY SHOW IT;... Belgium really did there was a Earthquake.
Proof: http://www.pzc.nl/algemeen/buitenland/3418271/Weer-beving-in-Belgie.ece

Then someone sended me at Xbox live. 'FFXIII is also on X360' (I think it was Rocketman1991. For Sony it must be a schock...For me? It did nothing....I mean now I can buy it on 2 consoles Hurray! I prefered MS made a new game with that money and not just buy someone else exclusives.

Sony 8.5/10

- It started with a lot of trailers of games that we saw already....

-Then a history of PS, would be interesting if I didn't read it 100 of times before..

- Then something about Blu Ray...Boring;...

- Then time to show Resistance 2, beautifull, BEAUTIFULL....OMG BEAUTIFULLL (yeah like Gears only the boss of RES2 was really a colusus those ones in Gears looks like Dwarfs now).

- Then we got the numbers...I was like.. oh boring again....wait...WHAT.....OMG THAT IS CUTE....Using LBP for talking about numbers;... Come on you must be a big fanboy if you don't think that was the most awesome thing in history of E3. The first time that talking about numbers was interesting for me;..

- Then something about Greatest hits...Didn't interested me..

- PS2 trailers of his line up;....Looked ok but not interesting...The bundle Lego Batman + a movie is a must buy if you don't own a PS2.

- Then they shown R&C booty for PSN....Man that was awesome!! AND ONLY FOR 14.99$... A game that looks like this gen for only 14.99.... Bro if you still don't understand that I think Megaman Nes graphics on Wii for 10 $ is overpriced you need a brain check up.

- Then a PSN line up was shown: Crash Commando, Fat Princess, Pixel Junk Eden, Pain: Amusement Park, Flower, Siren: Blood Curse, Ragdoll Kungfu: Fists of Plastic..... And really some of those games looked awesome and really interest me...Serious Xbox live and Wiiware look weak compared to that.

-Then some video store talk that made me sleepy again.

- Then some new exclusive was announced...Resistance Retribution...AWESOME! I am only wondering how it will play..

- Then again a video line up but this time from PSP games...Valkyria on PSP...AWESOME!!!!

- DC and Agency then got shown...Both look interesting but not that special. I will keep an eye for them out though.

- Then they showed us an Japanese American! Woohoo!! (Don't ya see that often).

- Then again a line up video..But this time for PS3. It showed me that I will not be bored the next months with my PS3.

- GOW III TEASER.....I CRIED!! Awesome..

- Infamous was shown...Reminded me of Crackdown, and I like Crackdown...Great game.

- Again a new game get announced....MAG!! Looks very promising...Keep an eye out of that...

Conclusion:

Well we know...Wii will win this generation and MS and Sony are losers..

But if loser means:

- Beating SSJ12 in MAG
- Shooting mrstickball's brains in pieces in GEOW
- Racing with Dogs Rule in Motorstorm 2
- Visiting Rockman1991 's wife in Fable 2
- Kick some zombies with Elgeef02
- Saving my princess Onna76 in DC Universe

Well then I am going to be the happiest loser the world ever known and I have a feeling I will not be alone.

Around the Network

Sony had the best keynote, not doubt. Even so, the bar wasn't set very high this year :/

Pretty lame all around. E3 is boring now that everything is announced ahead of time.

I'd go 7/10 for all three. If not for GTA/potential PDA stuff for DS and FFXIII I'd go 7/10 for Sony and 5/10 for Nintendo/Microsoft

The best stuff was announced before hand:

DS - Chrono Trigger

PSP/PS2 -still getting pushed

Wii - Wario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Captain Rainbow, Mega Man 9, Mad World, Wii Music

360 - Avatars, Dashboard and Netflix I had heard about already. new sku was announced before hand.

PS3 - Even the 256 player shooter was announced yesterday if you paid attention.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Pretty lame all around. E3 is boring now that everything is announced ahead of time.

I'd go 7/10 for all three. If not for GTA/potential PDA stuff for DS and FFXIII I'd go 7/10 for Sony and 5/10 for Nintendo/Microsoft

The best stuff was announced before hand:

DS - Chrono Trigger

PSP/PS2 -still getting pushed

Wii - Wario, Kirby, Animal Crossing, Captain Rainbow, Mega Man 9, Mad World, Wii Music

360 - Avatars, Dashboard and Netflix I had heard about already. new sku was announced before hand.

PS3 - Even the 256 player shooter was announced yesterday if you paid attention.

The Source has spoken...

Well if you do really take FFXIII at MS @ E3 then that's pretty much boring specially the speaker in front was boring as hell. I didn't catch Sony E3 so I'm waiting for the Sony E3 to appear on Live Wire Playlist.

Sony for showing the most new games. MS came close to, with the FFXIII betrayalton.