By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had the best E3 keynote?

1.Microsoft
2.Sony
3.Nintendo

Everything else is a lie.

Around the Network
Falkano said:
Euphoria14 said:
Falkano said:
The funny thing is that if Sony said "We have a new game called A Turd coming out", people would proclaim it amazing. People get real, you saw a 20sec CGI clip of God of War 3 that was a simple pan out shot of a tower....Then you saw a 10min CGI clip of a new game called MAG that didn't even look that great. Look at the Operation Flashpoint 2 trailer compared to that. Point being Jack could of walked onto the screen and said "cheers for the money" then walked off and people would say Sony won. Those people had already wrote what they were going to say before the show even started....

E3 is about the games you can see in gameplay and Sony failed bigtime with that. They showed Resistance 2 for near 30mins (33%) of the event. And that looked like a game on rails i.e you actually can't control what happens.

E3 2008 belongs to MS not because of FFXIII but because all of their games were played live on stage and played co-op. The Resident Evil 5 demo imo should win the game, game of show.

R5 wins it for MS too?

Multiplatform wins it? If we saw gameplay in the MS conference, why show it again? If Sony did that people would be bitching about that too.

Yes RE5 should win Game of show, to win that doesn't have to be an exclusive game. Unless they changed the rules or something.....

And the demo was shown in the MS show not Nintendo's or Sony's. It is about the best conference which shows the best games. Other then Resistance 2 all of Sony's games were just CGI trailers of games years away. Where as MS were live demo's of games a few months away.

Other than R2, all were games years away?

You must have not watched the same conference the others did.

RE5 gameplay was not amazing either, I can't begin to comment how slow those damn zombies move. Will it be a good game? Going by RE4, without a doubt it will be, although I would like to see some more, hopefully at TGS.

Your opinion on best may be different from mine, I would rather see 30 games than 5 games with demos.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Anyone else besides me get random messages in their mailbox of random women on the net trying to get you to swap pics?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It's hard to take people seriously when their sigs are so fanboy and they claim the conference for their side.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

It was all that great. MS had the big annoucement but not much else. Sony had a lot of stuff to show for PSP, PSN, and PS3. And Nintendo rambling in their direction.

MS=Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nintendo

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Winner: 360 owners who like RPGs.

Loser: E3.

Nintendo, my pre-show fave, did what was expected and nothing more. After Wii Sports and Wii Fit winning the show the last two years, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music and Animal Crossing City Folk don't hold up. Nintendo obviously knew this, or they would have made one of the three the centerpiece.

Sony's big reveals were GoW3 and a 256 player online shooter? For people who aren't already GoW fans or online shooter fans, this does nothing.

MS had the biggest shock moment, but a non-exclusive hardly stands up to some past E3 moments. And everything else was pretty much as expected, minus the non-existant Xmote.

Overall, it just feels like E3 2008 was not an important event. Nintendo is spreading out it's new game info now, and seemed to decide E3 was only for their very top sales potential games. And Sony and MS announce their games so early its hard for either something we've known about for years, or things that are still years away, to be a showstopper.

At least so far; maybe they'll be more on the show floor or behind closed doors. But I'm not holding my breath...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Sont won cuz they announced features, pricedrops, bundles, Video Store, PSn games that make XBLA look like shit. And GAMES.

Microsfot was shit. Netflix you need to have a gold account and a netflix accoutn and NO Sony titles! FF13 hasn't touched a 360 it is being built on a pc for the ps3 japanese only release! after that it will be PORTED (A port wins it for MS lol) and then will be releasd only in 2 REGIONs one of which Ps3 dominates it in. We wont see the gmae til 2010, MS confernce was CRAP! CASUAL CRAAP!

Nintendo- i swear you would have gotten the same effect of this conference if you were jerking off to a NIntendo Power magazine...... absolut Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony: 8/10
MS: 6/10 (4 without FF13)
Nintendo 0/10 i want the hour of my life back)

Nintendo will get the most media attention.

Microsoft will please the core gamers.

Sony....bleh.

PS3 > 360 >>>> Ninty

Microsoft made FFXIII multi-plat. Big deal. They didn't win E3 06 when they announced GTA IV multi-plat. Nintendo did. Also the pacing was horrible, as was the singer.

Sony showed games, paced it well, and delivered. Showed games that were coming out this year, demo'd R2, the premiere shooter this year, and some LBP. They made numbers fun with the sackboy, and did movie rentals, which people wanted, which you can BUY!.

Ninty. no direction. Horrible pacing, and that vice president with the broken wrist sucked.

Again Megaton =/= win.

Euphoria14 said:
Falkano said:
Euphoria14 said:
Falkano said:
The funny thing is that if Sony said "We have a new game called A Turd coming out", people would proclaim it amazing. People get real, you saw a 20sec CGI clip of God of War 3 that was a simple pan out shot of a tower....Then you saw a 10min CGI clip of a new game called MAG that didn't even look that great. Look at the Operation Flashpoint 2 trailer compared to that. Point being Jack could of walked onto the screen and said "cheers for the money" then walked off and people would say Sony won. Those people had already wrote what they were going to say before the show even started....

E3 is about the games you can see in gameplay and Sony failed bigtime with that. They showed Resistance 2 for near 30mins (33%) of the event. And that looked like a game on rails i.e you actually can't control what happens.

E3 2008 belongs to MS not because of FFXIII but because all of their games were played live on stage and played co-op. The Resident Evil 5 demo imo should win the game, game of show.

R5 wins it for MS too?

Multiplatform wins it? If we saw gameplay in the MS conference, why show it again? If Sony did that people would be bitching about that too.

Yes RE5 should win Game of show, to win that doesn't have to be an exclusive game. Unless they changed the rules or something.....

And the demo was shown in the MS show not Nintendo's or Sony's. It is about the best conference which shows the best games. Other then Resistance 2 all of Sony's games were just CGI trailers of games years away. Where as MS were live demo's of games a few months away.

Other than R2, all were games years away?

You must have not watched the same conference the others did.

RE5 gameplay was not amazing either, I can't begin to comment how slow those damn zombies move. Will it be a good game? Going by RE4, without a doubt it will be, although I would like to see some more, hopefully at TGS.

Your opinion on best may be different from mine, I would rather see 30 games than 5 games with demos.

Yes years away. I somehow doubt they have even started making MAG or GOW3 due to the lack of anything in game to show. DC Universe is a main PC title do not forget that, and it is at least a year away from that. LBP and Home will be out this xmas but they have suffered slips already this year so we don't know if that will be the real release date or a filler date as it's known. KZ2 wasen't even shown so that has to be worrying considering last E3 it was their shining light game that they hyped up loads, in fact it ended their show. Etc.. Resistance 2 is the only one they showed in a real way. LBP2 was a set up for the event.