By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had the best E3 keynote?

Well ,MS conference was decent but average but the FFXIII megaton changed everything.They arent getting any new game that PS3 gamers arent getting but the feeling about this is that MS has owned the E3.

Sony conference was solid but average too.Video Store ,80Gb for 399 dollars,MAG ,showings from a lot of games ,new PSP games ,new PSN games ,God of War III ...it would have been the best of the three (although not brilliant in any way) if it wasnt for the FFXIII thing the day before.

Nintendo conference was very poor.3-4 more casual games and Animal Crossing as the pinacle of the hardcore gaming to appease lontime Nintendo fans.Very poor indeed.

Taking all in consideration I would say MS ,only for the FFXIII announcement.

Around the Network

I would say Microsoft definately had the greatest ending, but everything before that was pretty boring with games that we already heard about. The Sony Conference was also pretty boring, but at least they showed off a lot of games. The Nintendo one on the other hand was the most disappointing. I was hoping for some more core games getting announced, but they focused more on the casual again.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

I'd give the nod to MS not just because of FFXIII.

Netflix is pretty big because it's a competitor to the AppleTV as much as the PS3.

Gear2 because the actual gameplay looked better than any of the other shooters.

I can't stand it when people say a game is great based on cutscene movies. Show me real people playing the actual game in real time, not some idealized movie of the game.

SONY. All around enjoyable
MS. Dull until the last minute
Nint. Only a casual gamer and an adult concerned about their child's safety would enjoy that...

4 ≈ One

All were fairly bad, but MS definitely won. They were the only one with a megaton announcement. Sony and Nintendo's were fairly boring except for GoW III and MotionPlus were cool.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

I'd give the nod to MS not just because of FFXIII.

Netflix is pretty big because it's a competitor to the AppleTV as much as the PS3.

Gear2 because the actual gameplay looked better than any of the other shooters.

I can't stand it when people say a game is great based on cutscene movies. Show me real people playing the actual game in real time, not some idealized movie of the game.

I didn't bought my X360 (and my PS3) for that kind of shit.

I knew people would get over the FFXIII announcement pretty quickly, but I wasn't expecting it to be this fast. Bravo, VGChartz community, for coming to your senses after the countless PS3=dead threads and realizing that MS showed very little.

Sony did pretty much exactly what they needed to do, which was show plenty of games that are actually appealing and somewhat original. There wasn't too much new shown in terms of full retail PS3 games, but they did show some good PSN games like Ragdoll Kung Fu.

Surprisingly, the PSP got more game announcements than I was expecting. Resistance and Valkyria Chronicles were two I had no idea about. Super Stardust is a nice addition as well.

Even the PS2 got some love with Yakuza2. I played the first one 8-9 months ago, and while quite dated, it had a great atmosphere and I overall enjoyed it. I'm actually psyched that it's coming especially knowing that Sega's working on a true Yakuza 3.

Non-gaming-wise, the PSN Video DL service isn't as good as Netflix, but I do like the portable functionality with the PSP.

For all that, Sony wins easily, though I'm really disappointed I didn't see White Knight Chronicles or a Team Ico game, especially when they showcased Ico in their little retrospective segment.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I'd say MS first, Sony 2nd and Nintendo last... But I'm quite disappointed that the biggest news so far was a port and not something really new

Whoa, I just read that Eternal Sonata is officially coming to US PS3s this Fall. Link:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/15/eternal-sonata-coming-to-ps3-this-fall/

That makes up a bit for FFXIII

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

for me personally sony had a really good E3 perhaps because im a really big insomanic fan and loved the look of resitance 2( as good looking as gears 2) and ratchet and clank quest for booty expanison is good news for me since i love the ratchet series, also this MAG game and DC universe have the potential to be huge, i was dissapointed by no gran turismo 5 footage, however once again little big planet proved its the greatest game of this generation by the we demo they set up

now microsoft was dull and had a lot of sony rip off's, and the final fantasy 13 wasnt half obvious considering the announcemnets square enix had made with star ocean 4, infinte discovery and timed exclusive of last remnant

as for nintendo the only thing worthing noting was the new wii sports