By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who had the best E3 keynote?

mrstickball said:
Euphoria14 said:
Funny how MS wins due to a game that is on the PS3 as well. Yes it was a shocker, but hardly giving it honors of "best showing". Other than that "ONE" announcement, the entire showing was weak.

Nintendo was weak, some things were cool, like the sword fighting in Wii Sports 2, but other than that, it was pretty bad. Want me to be excited for Animal Crossing? Sorry, isn't happening.

Sony showed tons of games, they even made their sales data speech entertaining. They announced two, yes TWO MMO's in MAG and DC Universe, seems like everyone keeps forgetting the other MMO. Let us not forget GOW3, new Ratchet and Clank, new Resistance on PSP, etc... they showed more new games than any other conference and to be honest... as a gamer that is what should matter most.

Easily Sony wins this years E3 IMO.

The un-mentioned parts of the MS keynote, and following Live updates were huge

Netflix = Free movies on your X360 for Netflix users.

Copying all X360 games to HD as an option.

Actual GAME DEMONSTRATIONS of Xbox 360 games. No trailers. Actual games that launch this year.

MAG was the only new game announced by Sony. Microsoft announced FFXIII for 360. Which one is bigger to their userbase?

Take into consideration I did not mention various points in Sony conference either. If you want to mention everything, you will still lose.

Copy games to HDD? This is great? After all the bitching and moaning each time a PS3 games needs an install? Funny how now it is a great option.

Yes they showed gameplay, let us wait until DKII comes back from the floor. They had too many games to waste time playing each of them. It is harder to show 30 games then it is to show 10.

FFXIII is big, yes, but remember it still helps MS none in the region it sells best, Japan.

Other than FFXIII, what new games did MS announce? What did they show us that we have not seen any footage or gameplay of before?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

The funny thing is that if Sony said "We have a new game called A Turd coming out", people would proclaim it amazing. People get real, you saw a 20sec CGI clip of God of War 3 that was a simple pan out shot of a tower....Then you saw a 10min CGI clip of a new game called MAG that didn't even look that great. Look at the Operation Flashpoint 2 trailer compared to that. Point being Jack could of walked onto the screen and said "cheers for the money" then walked off and people would say Sony won. Those people had already wrote what they were going to say before the show even started....

E3 is about the games you can see in gameplay and Sony failed bigtime with that. They showed Resistance 2 for near 30mins (33%) of the event. And that looked like a game on rails i.e you actually can't control what happens.

E3 2008 belongs to MS not because of FFXIII but because all of their games were played live on stage and played co-op. The Resident Evil 5 demo imo should win the game, game of show.

MS good in general but the boom make them win
Sony good in general... my point of view to much PS2
Nintendo way behind, no hardcore games, just a twist to the wiimote and a mic., something else everybody had for the last 3 years

so

first MS with just .1 ahead of Sony and Nintendo way way way behind

Falkano said:
The funny thing is that if Sony said "We have a new game called A Turd coming out", people would proclaim it amazing. People get real, you saw a 20sec CGI clip of God of War 3 that was a simple pan out shot of a tower....Then you saw a 10min CGI clip of a new game called MAG that didn't even look that great. Look at the Operation Flashpoint 2 trailer compared to that. Point being Jack could of walked onto the screen and said "cheers for the money" then walked off and people would say Sony won. Those people had already wrote what they were going to say before the show even started....

E3 is about the games you can see in gameplay and Sony failed bigtime with that. They showed Resistance 2 for near 30mins (33%) of the event. And that looked like a game on rails i.e you actually can't control what happens.

E3 2008 belongs to MS not because of FFXIII but because all of their games were played live on stage and played co-op. The Resident Evil 5 demo imo should win the game, game of show.

RE5 wins it for MS too?

Multiplatform wins it? If we saw gameplay in the MS conference, why show it again? If Sony did that people would be bitching about that too.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"We have a new game called A Turd coming out", people would proclaim it amazing. People get real, you saw a 20sec CGI clip of God of War 3 that was a simple pan out shot of a tower....

True I would also have liked gameplay but IT IS GOD OF WAR 3. It has nothing to prove. God of War may not be the best selling franchise ever but it definitely is the best franchise ever.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
People must understand that Megaton =/= good Keynote.

MS had a megaton.

The other ninety minutes of it sucked majorly. Showed games we all saw, then focused on casuals for 1 hour.

Sony on the other hand, showed games we hadn't seen, got through all the corporate gloating in a very fun way, and paced the conference so I wasn't bored during it.

Okay R2 and LBP for PS3 were the only games we actually saw. The socom stuff was just a rendered trailer, same for god of war. These games were announced, not shown. There aren't any release-dates, are there?

MS had the greatest announcement with FF XIII, there is no doubt about it. AND they actually showed Gears of War or Fable2. They showed Fallout3 and announced the exclusive download content. Besides that Universal NBC supporting Xbox Live Video Marketplace is huge, Netflix is, for the US, even bigger.

Nintendo was very bad. There was nothing I could look forward to.

So:

MS won with 7.5 / 10

Sony second with 6 / 10

Nintendo lost with 2 / 10

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

OMG, prepare your tomatoes, i think the best was Nintendo's!

FF13 not being exclusive wasn't as huge surprise as GTA Ds, for god's sake!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

For me:
In order:

Microsoft - 8/10
Sony - 5.5/10
Nintendo - 5/10

Sony was the most boring... Nintendo was the most disappointed..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Euphoria14 said:
Falkano said:

R5 wins it for MS too?

Multiplatform wins it? If we saw gameplay in the MS conference, why show it again? If Sony did that people would be bitching about that too.

Yes RE5 should win Game of show, to win that doesn't have to be an exclusive game. Unless they changed the rules or something.....

And the demo was shown in the MS show not Nintendo's or Sony's. It is about the best conference which shows the best games. Other then Resistance 2 all of Sony's games were just CGI trailers of games years away. Where as MS were live demo's of games a few months away.

mrstickball said:
Euphoria14 said:
Funny how MS wins due to a game that is on the PS3 as well. Yes it was a shocker, but hardly giving it honors of "best showing". Other than that "ONE" announcement, the entire showing was weak.

Nintendo was weak, some things were cool, like the sword fighting in Wii Sports 2, but other than that, it was pretty bad. Want me to be excited for Animal Crossing? Sorry, isn't happening.

Sony showed tons of games, they even made their sales data speech entertaining. They announced two, yes TWO MMO's in MAG and DC Universe, seems like everyone keeps forgetting the other MMO. Let us not forget GOW3, new Ratchet and Clank, new Resistance on PSP, etc... they showed more new games than any other conference and to be honest... as a gamer that is what should matter most.

Easily Sony wins this years E3 IMO.

The un-mentioned parts of the MS keynote, and following Live updates were huge

Netflix = Free movies on your X360 for Netflix users.

Copying all X360 games to HD as an option.

Actual GAME DEMONSTRATIONS of Xbox 360 games. No trailers. Actual games that launch this year.

MAG was the only new game announced by Sony. Microsoft announced FFXIII for 360. Which one is bigger to their userbase?

Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet were both demoed, though for R2 the footage may have been recorded it is still proper footage. It was a shame that they did not show more of their other titles. I don't get why M$ does all these game presentations for 3rd party games, especially as they are all so short they dont show much.. They also announced Quest for Booty, GoW III properly, Resistance Retribution for PSP, sevaral PSN games, Super Stardust HD for the PSP. They also announced a movie service to start this evening, though that is still only trying to catch up with M$. They also announced properly GT TV via Gran Turismo Prologue, and a PS3 value add/price cut, call it what you will