By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's E3 furthers N's commitment to destroying the industry

I'm sickened by Nintendo's presentation thus far and am even more worried for our industry's future.

All of Nintendo's video's and commentary focused on the aspect of "fun" and enjoyment of players who were shown forcing smiles to demonstrate their joy.

It is this obsessive focus on throwaway entertainment and fun that is destroying the possible artistic merits of videogames. No videogame showed at Nintendo's E3 thus far boasted a deep though provoking storyline or an inspiring art-design or emotional value. They were merely hollow games for pick and play entertainment. Nothing deeper, nothing you can take anything more valuable away from.

Sure the movie industry is driven by throaway entertainment as well but it still has it's Immar Bergmans and others who create thought provoking, artisticly inspired pieces. Nintendo's presentation did not show any commitment to anything comparable in videogames.

Around the Network

nintendo wins E3!!!

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

For real. Go away, Nintendo! Take your fun and get out of here!

It's Ingmar Bergman, btw.

Stupid fun, always threatening my hobby.

Heh, at least it was interesting unlike Microsoft's(when you take away the FF announcement).

Around the Network

Damn you fun! Damn youuuuuuuu!!!!!

op, are you at odds with smiles?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
naznatips said:
Damn you fun! Damn youuuuuuuu!!!!!

Add that to the 1:1 motion from the new add-on "MotionPlus" damn you Nintendo!!!!!

Now give me my 1:1 light saber game...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Seriously, Nintendo's stuff looks like SO much fun this year. They've already won E3 and their conference is just getting started.

I'm very excited about Wii music. I'm also very excited about Shaun White Showboarding. Amazing -- the balance board is fun as are snowboarding games.

The new Wii-mote addon looks very amazing. I can't believe how fun the sword fighting looked. That's going to be sweet for light saber games.

wow the sarcasm in this thread is saddening. You people must have never picked up a dovstoyevski or watched a Hitchock and don't want to see anything comparable in games either.