By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony lost a fan today>

psrock said:
Why would anyone buy a PS3 now when the 360 is 100 dollars cheaper, has better games and HAS FFXIII, WHY?

I seriously can't recommend that console anymore. Do you know how may people are waiting for that game to be released?

That is very subjective. The lineups of both consoles are very similar(with the exception of rpgs). Also I will just tell you to wait after tommorrow. I expect sony to anounce some new exclusives, and many more from 3rd parties. I hope we see more from SCEJ. Also a team Ico game or God of War III would be just as good or even better as FFXIII anounced for the 360 was to me. FFXIII while being a blow, doesn't change the fact that there was almost nothing new in terms of games announced for the 360. Half of the games shown at Microsofts Press Conference were multiplats, and almost all of them were 3rd party.

Around the Network
ctk495 said:
@ssj
Kingdom hearts 3?

If they don't bother keeping Final Fantasy exclusive, why would they bother with Kingdom Hearts? It's going to the Wii almost certainly.

psrock said:
Why would anyone buy a PS3 now when the 360 is 100 dollars cheaper, has better games and HAS FFXIII, WHY?

I seriously can't recommend that console anymore. Do you know how may people are waiting for that game to be released?

Well...  PS3 still has Blu-Ray.  lol

Also, I agree with you on the last question.  I was one of those people waiting on the fence for this game to come out (plus price drops) but now that it's multiplat I probably won't be getting a PS3 for much longer now.  At least, until I find a game that's exclusive and I just NEED to play.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

ssj12 said:
pichu_pichu said:
Maybe they have a big surprise for tomorrow to make up for it?

oh ya, I'm under an NDA. Wait till tomorrow. That bs article about a massive game being announced that looks better then KZ2 and R2 is true. What it is, you will find out. =]

joke? hmm now theres a rumour about 256 player shooting game with outstanding visuals, same game?

Shameless said:
ctk495 said:
@ssj
Kingdom hearts 3?

If they don't bother keeping Final Fantasy exclusive, why would they bother with Kingdom Hearts? It's going to the Wii almost certainly.

seriously, Sony wont even be allowed to see KH3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
ssj12 said:
pichu_pichu said:
Maybe they have a big surprise for tomorrow to make up for it?

oh ya, I'm under an NDA. Wait till tomorrow. That bs article about a massive game being announced that looks better then KZ2 and R2 is true. What it is, you will find out. =]

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA. Slow down......What bs article? I hope that u aren't lyin and they go ahead and show w/e game that is.....Better than Killzone 2??....is it a shooter? ARG! DAMN NDA!

Shameless said:
ctk495 said:
@ssj
Kingdom hearts 3?

Yeah, FF13 has almost just sealed Kingdom Hearts as not being a PS3 exclusive anymore.  Although I have a bet saying that Kingdom Hearts is going to be exclusive to the Wii it's getting more and more likely that it's going to be a multiplat game for PS3, 360, and Wii.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Shameless, isn't it a bit too early for using that signature? :P (next to the creepy girl)

We have to w8 till tomorrow to say stuff like that xD

Honestly whats the big deal?

PS3 & 360 have been positioned as having most of the same content for much of the last ~1.5 years. They follow the same strategy and have weak and strong regions.

FF is big in Japan...but its big in the USA/Europe too.

If you wanted to reach alot of gamers in the USA market PS3 exclusivity just isn't the answer for the next year or two at least. The only people who are buying $300+ consoles in this shitty economy are people who view them as long term investments or the wealthy, which means not many will buy PS3 or 360 for one game. In Japan people will buy a system for one game and then sell it and the system back so its less of an issue. With PS3 doing only "ok/average" in Japan what this means to me is that Square-Enix wants to do well in the USA/Canada/Americas market and right now that means a multiplat release.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

FFXIII will first be released as a PS3 exclusive in Japan, which will help HW sales A LOT, and then it will be multiplat in the rest of the world. I don't care as long as I can play on my PS3.