By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony did a lot of good things for Square, i guess they don't care.

I think this is my favorite thread title, ever.

Around the Network
chasmatic12 said:
Money>Loyalty

That's the way it is nowadays.

It's a business, getting rid of their losses is what will keep those execs' kids eating.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

i dont understand why people give a fuck about other people getting to play a game.....if you have a PS3 this news means NOTHING....if you dont then it only factors in if you TRULY dont think free online and BD and Sonys 1st party vs MSFT's first party is worth $50 extra bucks for the PS3..

Grow up and get over it and enjoy FF 13 on whatever console you buy it on.

mrduckbear said:

Not only did they give them great FF sales, but they also own a stock in their company, but as well bailed them out of the horrible Final Fantasy movie, even distributing the damn movie at the same time. and that was a load of cash they had to pay to bail them out too.

It's one thing to give the 360 exclusive RPG's, but FF should've been at least one exclusive they can leave on given their history.  But they're not even giving Sony ANY exclusives at all which means they're just being assholes.

FF13 versus says hell no

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

When do you stop thanking the doctor who saved your life?

Around the Network

I'm still just completely shocked by it. You would have thought Sony would have done something to secure FF XIII's exclusivity

Stop crying, I'm going to bold this for you to help you understand it better SQUARE ENIX IS A BUSINESS THEY ARE IN THIS TO MAKE MONEY

they are not your friend, lover, family, or employer, if you're feelings are hurt over this because it's no longer "exclusive" you need to seriously take a deep breath and re-evaluate the situation. YOU CAN STILL PLAY THE GAME IF YOU HAVE A PS3 all this means is that more people will have a chance to play the game. How is that a horrible thing? Because it's not exclusive to Sony? Here's what I propose to you, next time you (or your parents) can't pay their bills, call up Kaz or Howad Stringer and see how "loyal" to you they are.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

Hey now.

Square could have released this game on 360 in Japan too.

Hell or made it exclusive.

I'm glad PS3 has exclusivity where it matters most.

I think you have it backwards.. SE did a lot for Sony... and for Nintendo.

No they are going to do a lot for MS as well.

Onyxmeth said:

It's actually the other way around. Square did a lot of good thing for Sony, like making the PS1 a success by bringing Final Fantasy VII to it. Cloud Strife was the poster child of the Playstation brand during that era, even over Sony's own mascot Crash Bandicoot.

Though FF7 would of just been another FF game had Sony not put it at the forefront of it's 100's of millions of dollars marketing campaign.

Hell, Square didn't even want to publish FF7 outside of Japan until Sony promised them all the money.

Both sides benefited, neither side gave the other "charity" so people should just grow up and realize buisness is buisness.