By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony did a lot of good things for Square, i guess they don't care.

Fernando said:
The same thing happened with Final Fantasy VII and the N64.

Sorry dude... this is bussiness.

I agree. Get over it.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
When do you stop thanking the doctor who saved your life?

Shortly afterwords?  I mean it is his job afterall.

About 2 generations.

Nintendo saved Square during the NES era, it left in the PS1 era.

Sony saved Square during the PS1 era after spirits within, it left in the Wii era.

PS3 is right now in terrible position and this is the time when the likes of S-E needed to help Sony just to return the favor. PS made FF world wide hit and this is how they pay back? Things will change in future and SE will need Sony again just like they did when they made huge blunder of a movie called FF7. I don't think Sony from now on should bother saving 3rd parties from going backrupt and concentrate creating their own amazing games which will be only on PS.

Cougarman said:
mrduckbear said:

Not only did they give them great FF sales, but they also own a stock in their company, but as well bailed them out of the horrible Final Fantasy movie, even distributing the damn movie at the same time. and that was a load of cash they had to pay to bail them out too.

It's one thing to give the 360 exclusive RPG's, but FF should've been at least one exclusive they can leave on given their history. But they're not even giving Sony ANY exclusives at all which means they're just being assholes.

FF13 versus says hell no

Expect another shocker in coming E3 shows.

DMeisterJ said:
Hey now.

Square could have released this game on 360 in Japan too.

Hell or made it exclusive.

I'm glad PS3 has exclusivity where it matters most.

Speculation sir.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
tombi123 said:
When do you stop thanking the doctor who saved your life?

Shortly afterwords? 

Yeah, that was my point. SE don't owe Sony anything now.

in business money>love

This is hilarious. The transformation is complete modern sony fanboys=Nintendo fanboys from a decade ago.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Kasz216 said:
Onyxmeth said:

It's actually the other way around. Square did a lot of good thing for Sony, like making the PS1 a success by bringing Final Fantasy VII to it. Cloud Strife was the poster child of the Playstation brand during that era, even over Sony's own mascot Crash Bandicoot.

Though FF7 would of just been another FF game had Sony not put it at the forefront of it's 100's of millions of dollars marketing campaign.

Hell, Square didn't even want to publish FF7 outside of Japan until Sony promised them all the money.

Both sides benefited, neither side gave the other "charity" so people should just grow up and realize buisness is buisness.

Even before FFVII, there was no such thing as just another FF game.  The internet wasn't as big yet, but FFVI was on the cover of every (non-Sega) U.S. gaming mag, it sold millions of copies at $69.99 in the US.

PS1 would not have won Japan, then the world, without FFVII (and Ridge Racer).  Crash Bandicoot was a very small piece of the puzzle; he didn't sell systems - he just showed gamers that PS1 would have platformers too.

Do you have a link for that bit about not exporting FFVII?  I am pretty VII was designed specifically to appeal to western gamers more; that it why they no longer used Amano for character design.

I agree that it's all business.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Quit whining, you still get to buy it for PS3 just as before. And you think FF should remain with Sony given its history? Well then what about Nintendo? After all they got famous on Nintendo's platforms, and the best FF (VI) was originally released for a Nintendo system.

Square has a much richer legacy with Nintendo than with Sony, and look what Square did to Nintendo...bottom line is, it's a business, and SE did what they needed to do.