By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony did a lot of good things for Square, i guess they don't care.

Nintendo's platform's sales saved Squaresoft ass from going bankrupt in the first place.

But it was NOT Nintendo. It was Square's game that saved them; their games are what is making them awesome.
and their Business mindset is what is making them a great and successful company.

Business is business. Loyalty has little to do w/ it
(like i sed in u'r other thread - hmm... @dtewi this is flamebait. dagnabbit, i bee fallin' 4 it)

Besides, SquareEnix mentioned in the beginning of 7th-gen era that they will not be just supporting any one console but all.

Around the Network

This is NOTHING compared to what they did to Nintendo with FF7. S-E is a scumbag company.

dib8rman said:
It's wierd either Microsoft has something big planned or Squares just looking to cover losses on FFXIII.

Either way Square bet on the wrong horses cause both of them are pretty bad to cover the cost of that game, the estimate was over a hundred million dollars, this move makes sense.

First off, I very highly doubt ff13 is anywhere close to 100 million, I doubt it is past 50 quite frankly.  And if it was anywhere close they would need more than making it multiplat to get their money back and a good return.

and fishy joe, SE may be publicly traded by I think the company still hold majority shares.  so if they wanted to they could say, well that is nice f*** off.  even though I can't find the website right now that says who owns what.

If Business is business we wouldn't have exclusive 3rd party games!

its just business ....money makes the world go round. Square did same thing to nintendo n64 when they moved FF to playstation .

Around the Network

Nintendo saved Square, Shiggy gave them the idea for Final Fantasy. Look at the credits when you play Final Fantasy 1.

Square owes Sony nothing. Square complained many times that they were pissed that Sony wasn't selling consoles fast enough, and the way Sony has been talking about not caring about units sold and mostly focusing on profitability put the writing on the wall here.

Square needs to be able to make money and on an expensive game like this, you need more installed base than the PS3 is going to have anytime soon.

Locked we already have a thread for this.

To Each Man, Responsibility