By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony did a lot of good things for Square, i guess they don't care.

Nothing has to be done. Money, as stated above, is greater than loyalty.

But by all means, keep bitching. It's very entertaining. If only leo-j were here. :D

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Around the Network

The only problem i have with this is it will be yet another game that won't take even close to full advantage of what the PS3 can do. (If they try to make it the same game on both platforms).

I am ready for games to take advantage of the 50gb capacity and all the SPUS....

Oh well, there is still white knight story... here's hoping.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

It's wierd either Microsoft has something big planned or Squares just looking to cover losses on FFXIII.

Either way Square bet on the wrong horses cause both of them are pretty bad to cover the cost of that game, the estimate was over a hundred million dollars, this move makes sense.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Well, is FF versus 13 still exclusive? I doubt it

Flamebait Thread.

Noticed how he says something and just leaves?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
steverhcp02 said:
i dont understand why people give a fuck about other people getting to play a game.....if you have a PS3 this news means NOTHING....if you dont then it only factors in if you TRULY dont think free online and BD and Sonys 1st party vs MSFT's first party is worth $50 extra bucks for the PS3..

Grow up and get over it and enjoy FF 13 on whatever console you buy it on.

I wish it were that simple, but this is outright betrayal. We loyalist were promised this game as an exclusive.

I think SquareEnix did everything they could to stay "loyal" to Sony, but they warned Sony several times that the userbase had to increase. That didn't happen enough. FF is very big in the US and the PS3 is not. It's that simple.

A publicly traded company is loyal to its shareholders first and foremost. Everything else is a distant second.

Kasz216 said:
Onyxmeth said:

It's actually the other way around. Square did a lot of good thing for Sony, like making the PS1 a success by bringing Final Fantasy VII to it. Cloud Strife was the poster child of the Playstation brand during that era, even over Sony's own mascot Crash Bandicoot.

Though FF7 would of just been another FF game had Sony not put it at the forefront of it's 100's of millions of dollars marketing campaign.

Hell, Square didn't even want to publish FF7 outside of Japan until Sony promised them all the money.

Both sides benefited, neither side gave the other "charity" so people should just grow up and realize buisness is buisness.

Exactly, FF7 benefitted big time from Sony's marketing campaign that showcased those CGI cutscenes. I remember those days when I had no idea what FF was and seeing those commericials and being absolutely floored. In turn, FF7 helped Sony establish themselves. Then Sony bailed Square out of the FF movie fiasco, then Square made FFX, XI, and XII which all helped establish the PS2. Both benefitted equally.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

dtewi said:
Flamebait Thread.

Noticed how he says something and just leaves?

Now now, how do you know he's not reading through the posts and too busy crying?