By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gold 5 + PS3 pack in Japan

This Everybody´s Golf...is it what we in the U.S know as Hot Shots Golf?...how big is the franchise in Japan?

Around the Network

very good move by Sony (I was waiting for that) - Minna no Golf (Hot Shots Golf / Evereybody's Golf) is a prty big franchise in Japan .. 1-3 were milion-sellers in Japan alone

This is going to tell some seriously good or bad stories for Sony in Japan.

OriGin said:
This is going to tell some seriously good or bad stories for Sony in Japan.

Absolutely.

kber81 said:

Great bundle... argh... why it's so cheap there

I will repeat my prediction - this game will move at least 150k PS3 units and sell more than 500k itself before December.

150k PS3 units? Not for the launch week I hope?

The real question I have is what "backup" support it has. The PS3 needs a few big titles released around the same time, with some solid follow-up titles to build momentum.

Doesn't Dragon Quest:Swords come out around the same time? Does anyone have a release schedule for Japan for July/August?

It really is a critical release for Sony - going to be real interesting...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

It´s quite a good game and a popular series in Japan. I´m not so sure though how much it will sell.

Don´t understand me wrong, the game is good, but they´ve got Wii Sports there, for less money. Why would you want to buy a Golf Game which is played with a classic controller?

I think this game will mostly sell to the Core. Casual Gamers won´t buy it, the PS3 is more expensive than a Wii but doesn´t feature this "casual gamer" Experience, you know?

Will be interesting to see, though.

uhm.. correction: all 4 titles for home consoles were million sellers in japan alone

It would certainly be a blast ,if the 5th title in the series could achive that aswell , but right now that seems impossible.

libellule said:

rofl,

sorry was suppose to be "golf" and not "gold"

well, im  seriously thinking that this is the last hope for Sony in Japan

and it is amazing to see how cheap is the console there compared to europe

I know a number of people will be looking at this and saying the same thing you are but in reality, this isn't even close to last hope for Sony in Japan. I'll say this, and please anyone who dares, save my quote and display it all over the net if I'm wrong (but I know I'm not).

OK, Japan is Sony's - period. I know the wii's been selling like hotcakes (it has everywhere really) but by nov. next year we'll start to see signs of a significant shift from wii to PS3 in Japan. Sony has a boat load of new stuff we - ..erm.. I mean the general public - haven't even heard of yet coming for that region of the world and they'll take their time to make sure they nail their presentation and line-up right so once the momentum starts, the chances of it slowing would be minimal.

Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

Yes, you may just say I'm just a fanboi talking out my rear (as is a common accusation on this site) but I like I said, Please save my post and quote me on it if I'm wrong next year. Japan is the proverble shaken champaign bottle that's waiting to explode and by next year, PS3 console sales are going to sky rocket in the region.

libellule said:

Hi all,

So a pack with PS3 and Everybody's Golf 5 is going to be released

From this french "official" (PSM) link :

http://www.playfrance.com/news-infos-un-pack-avec-everybody-s-golf-5-pour-la-ps3.html

http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000058702/

it is going to cost :

51.980 (314euros) for the 20GB version

61.980 (374 euros) for the 80GB version

==> a good test if the PS3 is able or not to sell in japan ...

I haven't heard anything about them bringing the 80gb PS3 to Japan. Are you sure that isn't the 60gb model?

Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

And you think that Nintendo doesn´t have new IPs specially for Japan 2? You do sound like a fanboy you know. Anyway, I guess that bundle will help, although 150k consoles is a bit optimistic I think. And Japan doesn´t belong to Sony, I think the