By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gold 5 + PS3 pack in Japan

Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

And you think that Nintendo doesn´t have new IPs specially for Japan 2? You do sound like a fanboy you know. Anyway, I guess that bundle will help, although 150k consoles is a bit optimistic I think. And Japan doesn´t belong to Sony, I think the DS has already proven that.

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=everybodys+golf&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

This game sells really well in Japan! They are dealing with a much smaller install base at the moment though so I would venture to guess it will sell somewhere in the 300k-500k range lifetime in Japan.

its the 60GB version not 80GB...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

diegomoroco777 said:
Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

And you think that Nintendo doesn´t have new IPs specially for Japan 2? You do sound like a fanboy you know. Anyway, I guess that bundle will help, although 150k consoles is a bit optimistic I think. And Japan doesn´t belong to Sony, I think the

Every console obviously has new IPs coming out but I'm not going to even argue with you on points on my post. Like I said, please, please, please save my post and quote me wrong. 

right Dolla Dolla and ssj12, I was speaking about the 60GB model and not the 80GB

(EDIT :I fixed it, thx ssj12)

and for Chubear, I expect this too
but sincerely, it is not sure that this "switch" will happen
> maybe Wii owner will just "stay" with the wii and not buy the PS3
and Microsoft are making huge effort to get the japanese market

the japanese market will maybe switch to Sony
but nothing is done

you know the 300k pre-order are maybe just guy that already possess the console PS3, who know ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
right Dolla Dolla and ssj12, I was speaking about the 60GB model and not the 80GB

and for Chubear, I expect this too
but sincerely, it is not sure that this "switch" will happen
> maybe Wii owner will just "stay" with the wii and not buy the PS3
and Microsoft are making huge effort to get the japanese market

the japanese market will maybe switch to Sony
but nothing is done

you know the 300k pre-order are maybe just guy that already possess the console PS3, who know ?

then why dont you fix your first post because you have 80GB...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Japan is far from being "Sony's" ...

ConsoleHardware Market Share 2006
Nintendo DS60.3%
PSP13.5%
PS210.9%
Wii7.0%
PS33.4%
GBA2.9%
XBox 3601.4%
Gamecube0.6%

ConsoleSoftware Market Share 2006
Nintendo DS54.6%
PS228.2%
PSP7.7%
GBA3.9%
Wii3.0%
XBox 3601.1%
Gamecube0.8%
PS30.7%

PublisherMarket Share 2006
Nintendo43.8%
Square7.9%
Bandai6.9%
Konami6.4%
Sega5.5%

ConsoleHardware Market Share 2007
Nintendo DS47.3%
Wii23.6%
PSP14.7%
PS37.2%
PS25.4%
XBox 3601.6%
GBA0.6%
Gamecube0.1%

ConsoleSoftware Market Share 2007
Nintendo DS56.2%
PS215.6%
Wii14.2%
PSP8.9%
PS32.8%
XBox 3601.4%
GBA0.8%
Gamecube0.0%

PublisherMarket Share 2007
Nintendo39.9%
Capcom9.1%
Bandai6.0%
Sega5.7%
Square5.0%

Chubear said:
libellule said:

rofl,

sorry was suppose to be "golf" and not "gold"

well, im seriously thinking that this is the last hope for Sony in Japan

and it is amazing to see how cheap is the console there compared to europe

I know a number of people will be looking at this and saying the same thing you are but in reality, this isn't even close to last hope for Sony in Japan. I'll say this, and please anyone who dares, save my quote and display it all over the net if I'm wrong (but I know I'm not).

OK, Japan is Sony's - period. I know the wii's been selling like hotcakes (it has everywhere really) but by nov. next year we'll start to see signs of a significant shift from wii to PS3 in Japan. Sony has a boat load of new stuff we - ..erm.. I mean the general public - haven't even heard of yet coming for that region of the world and they'll take their time to make sure they nail their presentation and line-up right so once the momentum starts, the chances of it slowing would be minimal.

Yes, you may just say I'm just a fanboi talking out my rear (as is a common accusation on this site) but I like I said, Please save my post and quote me on it if I'm wrong next year. Japan is the proverble shaken champaign bottle that's waiting to explode and by next year, PS3 console sales are going to sky rocket in the region.

I thought for a while this was most likely to occur. But now I think in Japan the ps3 will follow the psp's footsteps and the Wii will follow the DS's footsteps exactly. You have to remember something you can't pretend the 3rd party developers will continue to develop tons of software slated for next year if this system fails to sell even half of what the Wii is doing. I mean it's 7:1 now, with no software competition. Thats starting to look like a vote of no confidence from gamers, if that keeps up by E3 we are going to see tons of new software anounced for the Wii, and by next year all the major players will be hyping huge Wii projects and it'll be hard even despite some great AAA games for them to over throw the foundation the wii has built. Remember the N64's first year when game after game for the n64 was getting canned and moved the ps1, And even despite legendary games like Zelda, Smash Bros., goldeneye, it couldn't catch up. Well it could start to happen this generation.

Chubear said:
Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

Quick correction. Dragon Quest is the grand daddy. FF is a perennial runner up

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

HappySqurriel said:

Japan is far from being "Sony's" ...

ConsoleHardware Market Share 2006
Nintendo DS60.3%
PSP13.5%
PS210.9%
Wii7.0%
PS33.4%
GBA2.9%
XBox 3601.4%
Gamecube0.6%

ConsoleSoftware Market Share 2006
Nintendo DS54.6%
PS228.2%
PSP7.7%
GBA3.9%
Wii3.0%
XBox 3601.1%
Gamecube0.8%
PS30.7%

PublisherMarket Share 2006
Nintendo43.8%
Square7.9%
Bandai6.9%
Konami6.4%
Sega5.5%

ConsoleHardware Market Share 2007
Nintendo DS47.3%
Wii23.6%
PSP14.7%
PS37.2%
PS25.4%
XBox 3601.6%
GBA0.6%
Gamecube0.1%

ConsoleSoftware Market Share 2007
Nintendo DS56.2%
PS215.6%
Wii14.2%
PSP8.9%
PS32.8%
XBox 3601.4%
GBA0.8%
Gamecube0.0%

PublisherMarket Share 2007
Nintendo39.9%
Capcom9.1%
Bandai6.0%
Sega5.7%
Square5.0%

I don't know what your talkin about HappySquirrel, it's clear from your numbers that while the Wii increased from last year it has taken from the DS's percentage, while the psp has increased it's market despite a drop in ps2 hardware. And the ps3 has more then doubled it's share of market percentage from last year, if it continues at that rate every year well it will control the entire market by itself in 4 years. While in the software ranks in 2007 the Wii can't even beat the psp,ps3, and x-box 360 combined. that's pathetic. Not to mentioned the ps3 increased it's software percentage from .7 to 2.8 that's like quadruple man, again at that rate it will control the market in...uh 5 years. quadrupling every year, it will definitly control the market in 5 years, making it basically invincible in japan.