By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gold 5 + PS3 pack in Japan

Chubear, could you please stop with the bold? Making your words bold does not make them more important.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

The PS3 hasn't even sold a million in Japan yet...

RolStoppable said:
Chubear said:

You may twist info any which way you please but I can state clearly that come 2012, the PlayStation3 will be the dominant home console in Japan and world wide. Can you make your statements clear as that too?

Well, I can.

The PS3 will be lucky to get past 15m units in its lifetime. I am not talking about japan here, I am saying WORLDWIDE.

Was that clear enough? It's not more insane than your statements of PS3 domination.

ps3 will sell way over 15million..... ps3 will be lucky if they get people to stop saying so many unmerrited comments about it.. now thats luck...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

BenKenobi88 said:
Chubear, could you please stop with the bold? Making your words bold does not make them more important.

You don't really have to read my posts, no one is forcing you to.  Unless ofcourse VGC and it's MODs now view posting in bold a bannable offence... which really isnt' so far fetched from my experiences lol

RolStoppable said:
Chubear said:

You may twist info any which way you please but I can state clearly that come 2012, the PlayStation3 will be the dominant home console in Japan and world wide. Can you make your statements clear as that too?

Well, I can.

The PS3 will be lucky to get past 15m units in its lifetime. I am not talking about japan here, I am saying WORLDWIDE.

Was that clear enough? It's not more insane than your statements of PS3 domination.

Very  and I will ofcourse hold on to this post for future reference.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

And your point is....?? Hey Rolstoppable said her opinion out clear as day. You may want spell it out for me as I am a little slow.

Chubear said:
HappySqurriel said:

A few things to consider ... the Wii was only available for one month in 2007, the PS3 was availble for 1.5 months and both systems were in short supply. Beyond that the second half of the year will usually allow for some shiting in market share.

My point was the assumption that "Sony owns Japan" is insane considering that Nintendo controls over 66% of the hardware market, software sales on Nintendo systems account for more than 60% of the market, and Nintendo software alone counts for roughly 40% of the market; in Contrast Sony platforms account for (approximately) 25% of the market in terms of hardware, roughly 35% in terms of software sold on platforms, and Sony publishes less than 5% of all software.

At this point in time Nintendo is beyond dominant in Japan

Ahh see, that is were people like me differ from people like you. We don't hide behind statements like "At this point in time ...." where we have wiggle room to dodge and come up with "what? I never said PS3 wouldn't win all I said was at that point in time the wii was dominant that's all"  win the future. We understand that this battle is a long one and the victor will be fully known by the end of the gen's cycle and are not afraid to state with conviction that the PS3 will be the dominant console again when it's all said and done. I have no fear in saying it and anyone can use my statements against me has the years go by but there are things I believe and I state them with no hestitation.

It's not about "wiggle room" but you're wrong about Sony's Japaneese dominance. Ever since Iwata took over control of Nintendo in 2002 Nintendo has been building more and more control over the market:

• 2006 (60% Hardware, 55% of software on platforms, 44% of all software published by Nintendo)
  • 2005 (56% Hardware, 53% of software on platforms, 37% of all software published by Nintendo)
  • 2004 (56% Hardware, 52% of software on platforms, 44% of all software published by Nintendo)
  • 2003 (57% Hardware, 47% of software on platforms, 29% of all software published by Nintendo)
  • 2002 (47% Hardware, 40% of software on platforms, 27% of all software published by Nintendo)

This is not an accident, this is not a fluke ...
The Wii and DS are so successful because the only major publisher in the world who has a former developer in charge of the company is Nintendo; this means they are making decisions on what will improve gaming rather than what looks good from a marketing perspective.

Chubear said:
FishyJoe said:

And your point is....?? Hey Rolstoppable said her opinion out clear as day. You may want spell it out for me as I am a little slow.

Look a little farther up. Someone is claiming that this game will be the first million seller in Japan. Unless this game get unheard of attach rates, that's unlikely to happen.

And bolding everything you write makes you look like an idiot. 

RolStoppable said:
Chubear said:
FishyJoe said:

And your point is....?? Hey Rolstoppable said her opinion out clear as day. You may want spell it out for me as I am a little slow.

Because I say something negative about the PS3 I am now a girl, huh? My nickname in pink and "her".

You better apologize for that mistake fast or I will report you to the mods who will ban you immediately, considering how anti sony and anti PS3 this forum is.

lol, my mistake. I thought I'd seen a post of yours that stated you were female but anyway, I do apologize for the error... however, the whole "...or I will report you to the mods who will ban you immediately,.." thing ... psst! I don't give a rat's butt about beinging banned from this forum

FishyJoe said:
Chubear said:
FishyJoe said:

Look a little farther up. Someone is claiming that this game will be the first million seller in Japan. Unless this game get unheard of attach rates, that's unlikely to happen.

And bolding everything you write makes you look like an idiot. 

Ahh, now we resort to petty insults I see. Uhmm, OK. and let me guess, you won't ever get warned or banned for clear insults of other members uh? only PS fans get this erm... preveilage I guess.