By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Commando said:
I can't wait to see the sales data. I wondr If XBOX360 will actually sell over 1 mil. in Nippon(Japan) now.

i dont think it will get released for 360 in japan

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

All that's left for MSFT to do is release a blu ray add-on.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

I'm loving seeing the internet's reaction to the news.

I'm no fan of MS, but I tip my hat to them for their show today.

dolemit3 said:

that wouldnt really help them

superchunk said:
When the announcement was first handed out I was have a very big change in my opinion of PS3 vs 360 future.

Here's my views:

PRE-E3 - PS3 was on a steady march to pass 360 WW my mid-late 2009 on large surge with GT5 and FF13.

During MS conf. - PS3 might permanently stay in 3rd place since last major exclusive was going to 360 as well. This couple with already a one-sided jrpg lineup on the 360 might give it enough of a boost in Japan and elsewhere to keep PS3 in last place.

During SE conf. - PS3 is back to a steady march to 2nd place. Why? Japan FF13, which is by far more important than the other regions is still exclusive to PS3. Thus, the PS3 still will be far higher in sales than the 360 in Japan, marginally higher in Others, and will continue to creep up in NA. The NA difference will be far outweighed by the difference in Japan for Sony.

So, imo, though this is good news for MS and technically SE, it will have no major impact on the outcome of the generation.

PS3 will be 2nd place by the end of 2009.

I think it will be like the current GTA4 scenario, but with 360 and PS3 reversed on current numbers. So I would see about 1-1.5m more SW and maybe 500k-750k more HW.

FF13 was supposed to be a huge boost in 2009, and with current projections, the earliest of catching up is already 2010. With this news, the rate of catching up is looking to have taken quite a big hit as the 360 will still be the cheapest way (I believe) to get FF13 when it is simultaneously released in the West.

But lets wait till Sony's news, and what they have to say.

Around the Network

Does this mean jenny should be unbanned? Maybe she was just trolling, but her thread is pretty funny (even prescient!) in retrospect.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33017

dolemit3 said:

And pay royalty to Sony.

slimeattack said:
dolemit3 said:

And pay royalty to Sony.

Maybe they could use the money Sony pays Microsoft for the Bluray DRM.  Or the money Sony pays Microsoft to get Windows on their Labtops.

badgenome said:

Does this mean jenny should be unbanned? Maybe she was just trolling, but her thread is pretty funny (even prescient!) in retrospect.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33017

shes was trolling against all the ps3 games

brute said:
Commando said:
I can't wait to see the sales data. I wondr If XBOX360 will actually sell over 1 mil. in Nippon(Japan) now.

i dont think it will get released for 360 in japan

nope, it's still Ps3 exclusive in Japan, so far....