By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

^oh ok so then it seems i was correct

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Why does this announcement surprise you all so much? I expected FFXIII to be multiplat because... Square-Enix likes money.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

*Puts on crazy conspiracy theorist hat*
FF 1 through 6 were nintendo exclusive and then FF7 was released on a Sony console. Now, once again 6 FF games later, FF13 is going to be released on a different console. So FF18 should be back on a Nintendo console.

Btw, this is my post #144, 144 equals to a square root of 12. 12 which was the last Final Fantasy to be exclusive to one console. Coincidence? I think not.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

y r people claiming "its over!!!" when sony have so many more good releases in the future, and its not as if more people from now on will just start buying 360's more than ps3's. ps3 consoles and the game will sell way more on ps3... although a big blow for sony and fans, it is not "over"

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

Wow! Last minute megaton announcement saves what would have been the worst E3 in history!

Around the Network

This is well...I dunno...I've been in shock since I heard....This is all....weird. D:
Microsoft has won E3 and this will probably have some impact on sales of the 360 and PS3. Unless Sony has somehow managed to have something better up there sleeve like "Suprise, God Of War III is coming out next week" but I doubt anything like that will happen (And God Of War doesn't really compare to Final Fantasy in sales anyway). Now where's sonys strong line up of RPGs? Next thing we'll know is that The White Knight Chronicles is also going to 360.
How could Square do this anyway? I think their sales would have been great on the one console. Now I think they're just grabbing all the money they can get.

Not big deal actually.
-1 exclusive.

But FFXIII is still TIMED exclusive for PS3 and totally exclusivde in Japan.

FFXIII will make 90% of sales on PS3. NOBODY, except xbots will wait 1-2 years for x360 port.

And i wonder, did Sony knew that or not. if they DID, then maybe they have something BIGGER then FFXIII on E3 to ananounce?

Anyway, NOT big deal,
Because 2-3 mln. x360 owners won`t buy PS3 now, that`s how much x360 users would care about FFXIII. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

@CrazzyMan

Dude im a sony fan and i love your love for sony, but ive read many websites stating a simultanious release for both consoles in europe and america

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

omoneru said:
Despite that it won't be on XBOX360 in Japan, Japanese game boards are filled with comments like "LOL Sony it's fucking over."

The tide is definitely against Sony. It's almost like beating a dead horse.

If I can convince my partner, I'll probably join the small group of Japanese XBOX360 owners this fall or early next year.

Is it going to be like the japanses version of eternal sonata that it is timed, or is it not coming to Xbox360 at all? Either way Xbox 360 seems like a pretty good investment, even if it is not popular in Japan. If you like RPGs, Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean Last Hope, Infinite Undisocvery, Last Remenant, Eternal Oddesy, and I think Viva Pinata is porbably also popular in Japan.

I remember just last weeks, Sony fans was complaining about Square-Enix not showing FFXIII at E3 and that it's epic failure for them not to bring FFXIII to show off. I guess they did bring FFXIII after all. But it's happen to be at 360 Conference show. I was really confuse when I saw Square-Enix president show up at Xbox conference and figure may be they have a new RPG for next year they want to premiere.