By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ferret1603 said:
Why are PS3 fans so gutted? You're still getting the game!

Because they could have bought a 360 and got 4 other JRPGs.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Smeags said:
naznatips said:
Wow! Last minute megaton announcement saves what would have been the worst E3 in history!

Agreed. Still, 2 minutes of greatness does not excuse 90 minutes of UNO rush.

I have to admit though, I had a good laugh when FFXIII was announced. Classic, Microsoft definitely gets Brownie Points for this one.

Oddly the Netflix thing interests me the most.  I mean that basically covers the price of Xbox live itself.

Actually, you still have to be a member of NetFlix.

So how soon do you think we'll see the Square Boycotts?

B/c MS didn't secure FF for Japan, I'm not sure this announcement changes much. NA was always going to be tilted toward the 360, Europe looks like it'll be a tie with a slight tilt toward Sony, and MS will still be dead in Japan.

The major news here is that 3rd party exclusivity is officially dead and buried. And for me, Sony's first party offerings plus free online play still make it the console to own.

The only move MS made at E3 that showed leadership in the industry was the Netflix announcement. Everything else were copies of Miis and Eyetoy. I'm still waiting for MS to do something innovative in the actual realm of gaming....

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Falkano said:
MGS4 was their last A+ exclusive and that did nothing to PS3 sales.

Well, the highest selling franchise for Sony, is GT, so they have one more. But I doubt they will recover from this. This was huge.

wow, i didnt see this coming.
ps3 owners must be pissed

Around the Network

Well since I own PS360Wii I don't really care much except for this:

Is it going to be 2? 3? 4? discs for 360 and the same for PS3? but since PS3 have blu-ray the game should be on less discs? if yes it will be the PS3 game I buy.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

ultraslick said:
You are all reacting as if FF is no longer coming to the PS3. Get a hold of yourselves.
Left for dead is coming to the PS3, and PS3 has 1st party devs that the PC known as the 360 does not.

it is hilarious to me that people would want to sell their PS3 because the 360 is ALSO getting FF.

Although it is a megaton for super-nerds such as us.

you basically summed up the last 3 pages.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

TheRealMafoo said:
Munkeh111 said:
Sony better have something good tommorow

lol, I am sure all the Sony execs are sitting in a room right now staring at each other in disbelief. half of them are probably already on a plain back home.

I think they had a warning... I don't think it was a bombshell like HD-DVD against Warner.

I mean the 360 version is going to be Simultaneous release so they've had to of been working on it...

Shameless said:
ferret1603 said:
Why are PS3 fans so gutted? You're still getting the game!

Because they could have bought a 360 and got 4 other JRPGs.

I thought Sony fans cared about games like Metal Gear Solid, Tekken and Gran Turismo though? None of them are coming to the 360.

jman8 said:
So how soon do you think we'll see the Square Boycotts?

B/c MS didn't secure FF for Japan, I'm not sure this announcement changes much. NA was always going to be tilted toward the 360, Europe looks like it'll be a tie with a slight tilt toward Sony, and MS will still be dead in Japan.

The major news here is that 3rd party exclusivity is officially dead and buried. And for me, Sony's first party offerings plus free online play still make it the console to own.

The only move MS made at E3 that showed leadership in the industry was the Netflix announcement. Everything else were copies of Miis and Eyetoy. I'm still waiting for MS to do something innovative in the actual realm of gaming....

Please do not act that this was nothing. I can not think of a single announcement at E3 that could have more negatively impacted Sony.

Sony better hope there BD thing worked for them, because right now there gaming division is on shaky ground.