By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Too Human Demo is up!

obieslut said:
starcraft said:
Anyone got impressions?

I'm too busy to hit it now.

starcrafy has no 360 confirmed

LOLLLLL

Haze, even at the beginning, was never hyped so much.

It was always seen as a generic shooter without any soul whatever you believed it would sell or not.
The demo, of course, destroyed the small hopes left.

At the opposed, Too Human is hyped since month and expected to be a (very) good game !!

Remember Selnor's thread 1 week (month ?) ago.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Now having a massive laser gun/grenade launcher is helping!!!

what about the Frame rate .. is there a huge drop on it or its solid ?

Haven't noticed any frame rate drops, but I don't reallly look for things like that

I've finsihed now, after about an hour's playing, and it was quite good. The combat does look nice, even if I havent found any depth yet (I can just imagine what yahtzee will say/show about it....) and the game is generally enjoyable. However, much of the story is still confusing, and I am not 100% sure what is going on much of the time. I will rent the game, but it was not enough to make me think of buying it

Like I already said, it's a rental only. Maybe the 10 years of development has confused the developers and the story telling side of it. When you do anything for far too long u loose site of what u were looking for. I really don't like the visuals too, it is too inconsistant. The frame rate did drop a little in the bigger battles, so who knows what will happen in the much bigger ones. For me it is disoppointing.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Actually my main problem is that they dont really explain much to you, they expect you to work many things out for yourself, so I did find myself a little confused

I just finished playing the demo. It was pretty decent. The combat is pretty good though it does take some time to get use to. The story, while somewhat confusing, is quite interesting. The graphics are pretty good too. There were some framerate issues and minor camera quirks but nothing game breaking. The death system was also very fitting for the game as well as the fact that there are no actual Game Overs in the game. It probably won't be AAA but it will still be a decent game if the demo is anything to go by.

Around the Network

@ riachu, you are a god, so you cant really die, which is why I do think it is good, and it does fit in with the whole nordic mythology idea

Munkeh111 said:
NNN2004 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Now having a massive laser gun/grenade launcher is helping!!!

what about the Frame rate .. is there a huge drop on it or its solid ?

Haven't noticed any frame rate drops, but I don't reallly look for things like that

I've finsihed now, after about an hour's playing, and it was quite good. The combat does look nice, even if I havent found any depth yet (I can just imagine what yahtzee will say/show about it....) and the game is generally enjoyable. However, much of the story is still confusing, and I am not 100% sure what is going on much of the time. I will rent the game, but it was not enough to make me think of buying it

thnx .. but i should check it myself and see if its worth buying or not .

Oh well, I'm up to try it next! I'll post my impressions in a few minutes.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

mrstickball said:

The truth is somewhere in the middle of that. Sony fanboys had the intelligence to stop hyping the game, but it was only until a month before it came out that most realized the Haze-is-awesome ship was going down. Up till January or so, the Haze hype machine was going pretty strong.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24753

Wonderful thread of Haze predictions in April. Most Sony fans thought it'd reach 200,000 units first week, and some thought it'd sell over a million copies. Actuals? 150k first week, 310k life to date.

Funny predictions:

Dabus513 - 345k+ first week

Daactualfact - 245k

CaptainPreferences - 300k

Munkeh - 300k

And so on.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=13629 <-- Few comments in January about Haze being awesome (went as far as saying it'd be the next Uncharted, or Motorstorm).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21358 <-- Best PS3 exclusive FPS? Pick between Haze, Resistance 2, or Killzone 2. Quite a few put Haze above either.

So there were quite a few people that believed that Haze would be pretty good up until the demo came out, and everyone learned that Haze was poor to mediocre.

There is a difference between

If the reviews are good then people will go out and buy it,that seems will be the case for most as no one is realy sure about the game so i predict about 110k-200k if reviews are good.

i need some reviews before i guess on this game, i dont really know what to expect.

And people saying "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST GAME IN DA WORLDZ!"

anyways why wouldn't you quote this in there.

Yes, I do think it's reasonable. I doubt we will see much marketing behind Haze, and based on the impressions/podcasts from the press, it sounds like they don't have much good things to say. Besides, GRAW2 (i presume that's the game you are talking about) is a sequel and has the Clansy brand on it. Haze might have decent legs if the reviews come out good though but i think the initial week of sales will look alot like Burnout paradise(PS3) except high US numbers. Either way, I'm still going to rent this game b/c i want to try the 4 player co-op and i actually like the mantle armours.

Just because people thought it would sell decently doesn't mean it was being hyped. Saying people actually thought it would hit 1 mil doesnt say much. Look at Cod4 on the Ps3 or Resistance.

anyways back to more quotes.

If reviews are decent but not great, which I expect, 130-150k ww.
If reviews are great, maybe 180k.
If reviews are bad, this has a potential to be a sub 100k stinker.

Bad timing for release
Delays have killed is hype/positive press
Very little advertising
Quality seems iffy, even though its Free Radical

But of course... we were all saying how godly it was.

Anyways SDF king himeslf Leo j - Looks ok, nothing impressive though.

kowenicki said:
downloading it now.... taking forever... must be loads of people doing the same...

Yeh, it did take a long time, though it is 1 hour long