By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Too Human Demo is up!

Hmmm... No gold account for me means a week of wait.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

LOOSE!!!

There was even a thread from a so called SONY FANBOY about how much Haze was going to suck about a month before it released. All the media were saying this was 'just another shooter'. Hardly anyone was hyping Haze up.

Sony stopped hyping Lair up a couple of months from release. Nothing I said was bulls**t. I am sorry you have to resort to insults and swearing because one of MS's bigger exclusives turns out bad.

The truth is somewhere in the middle of that. Sony fanboys had the intelligence to stop hyping the game, but it was only until a month before it came out that most realized the Haze-is-awesome ship was going down. Up till January or so, the Haze hype machine was going pretty strong.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=24753

Wonderful thread of Haze predictions in April. Most Sony fans thought it'd reach 200,000 units first week, and some thought it'd sell over a million copies. Actuals? 150k first week, 310k life to date.

Funny predictions:

Dabus513 - 345k+ first week

Daactualfact - 245k

CaptainPreferences - 300k

Munkeh - 300k

And so on.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=13629 <-- Few comments in January about Haze being awesome (went as far as saying it'd be the next Uncharted, or Motorstorm).

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21358 <-- Best PS3 exclusive FPS? Pick between Haze, Resistance 2, or Killzone 2. Quite a few put Haze above either.

So there were quite a few people that believed that Haze would be pretty good up until the demo came out, and everyone learned that Haze was poor to mediocre.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

starcraft said:
Anyone got impressions?

I'm too busy to hit it now.

starcrafy has no 360 confirmed

I am downloading the demo now

Munkeh111 said:
Just loaded up!

when u play it plz tell me how is it cuz am stuck here in the desert for a three days :(

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Munkeh111 said:
Just loaded up!

Impressions?

I am not sure about the combat, basically you point the right analogue stick towards who you want to kill, though I am sure there is more to that, but I have not discovered it yet

obieslut said:
starcraft said:
Anyone got impressions?

I'm too busy to hit it now.

starcrafy has no 360 confirmed

lool,,,honestly man you ve been here for the past hour asking everyone for their impressions ,,just go and download the dam thing.

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
gebx said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
HanzoTheRazor said:
Disoppointing to be honest, maybe there has been just too much hype... :{

There hasn't really been any hype until the last two weeks, other than Sony anti-hype.

That alone stops this being a Lair or Haze.

Haze had no hype either... Sony stopped mentioning Lair about 3 months before release (LOL). 

OT: Anyone downloaded yet? How is it?

*cough* *cugh* *bullshit* *cough*

WIN!!!

LOOSE!!! 

There was even a thread from a so called SONY FANBOY about how much Haze was going to suck about a month before it released. All the media were saying this was 'just another shooter'. Hardly anyone was hyping Haze up. 

Sony stopped hyping Lair up a couple of months from release. Nothing I said was bulls**t. I am sorry you have to resort to insults and swearing because one of MS's bigger exclusives turns out bad.

Haze was a generic shooter till Sony announced it as an exclusive at the last E3, and since then its been branded the Halo killer till it got delayed for the 8th time (ok maybe not 8 time..) You think that just because a Sony fanboy suddenly opened there eyes and realized it was going to suck one month before its delayed release it suddenly became "un-hyped"?? right...

And for Lair - Yeah, Sony realized it was going to suck... three months or whatever before launch. Doesn't change the fact that they hyped it for months before then

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

lmrstickball said:

So there were quite a few people that believed that Haze would be pretty good up until the demo came out, and everyone learned that Haze was poor to mediocre.

So what?

Is it a crime now to hope a game turns out well? Does everyone have to reach a mutal agreement whether or not a game will be good/great month before it releases, without having played it?

I'm not going to knock anyone who hopes Too Human will be good or actually likes/loves it even if it doesn't receive the best ratings, because as a gamer I hope it will be a good game and sell well, although right now it's prospects doesn't seem to be the brightes from what I read (and I'll amost certainly never be able to play it, for I have no intention of buying another console this gen).

@ starcraft )
If Too Human "isn't hyped" as you said, why is it, that I saw it listed as an "AAA exclusive" on the level of Gears or MGS4 in virtually every console-comparison list in every forum I visit (vgchartz, gametrailers, gamersyde,computerbase.de, 4players.de) ? And do you really think the monthly Too-Human-developers-blog on IGN did nothing to hype this game?

It is not particularly good. I do find the combat dull, the graphics aren't great though the storyline is intriguing, still confusing at this point