By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what would gaming be with out nintendo?

DMeisterJ said:
It would be "PlayStation Dominatin"!

I do agree with PSrock

PS bought us until this place. Had we waited for nintendo, we might have still been using Cartridges... oh wait, the DS is :-p

You realize that the Playstation started as a Nintendo addon right?

Around the Network
fazz said:
DMeisterJ said:

I do agree with PSrock

PS bought us until this place. Had we waited for nintendo, we might have still been using Cartridges... oh wait, the DS is :-p

Until ninty screwed them over and went to phillips and then decided against CDs altogether, unil the PS1 changed that.

DMeisterJ said:
fazz said:
DMeisterJ said:

I do agree with PSrock

Until ninty screwed them over and went to phillips and then decided against CDs altogether, unil the PS1 changed that.

That's not the point, if Nintendo never existed, Playstation probably wouldn't exist either.

Pc gaming would rule?

psrock said:
But Sony brought Gaming to whole new level which Ninty couldnt. We need to thank Sony for saving Gaming as we know it today, or else.

but that why i asked if ninty never existed,if they didnt sony would of never entered the gaming world,and there wouldnt be a playstation

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
pichu_pichu said:
Pc gaming would rule?

thats what i think would of been the case

SJGohan3972 said:(actually sony made gameing what it is today, but nintendo made gaming what it was so sony could do that.)

How is gaming shaped around what Sony has done moreso than Nintendo, exactly? They brought in the CD? OMFG EPIX WOW!

DMeisterJ, if you're going to make a point, make sure you're using the right facts. Nintendo may have screwed Sony over by suddenly dropping the CD, but if Nintendo made the pact with Sony, they would have lost all rights to the games they made. So essentially, Nintendo screwed over Sony for trying to screw over Nintendo.

Computer Gaming would have ruled, and the game systems would be like the Commodore 64, computers hooked to TVs, which would be a lot less popular.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

^yeah that wouldnt work exactly to well

wfz said:
SJGohan3972 said:(actually sony made gameing what it is today, but nintendo made gaming what it was so sony could do that.)

How is gaming shaped around what Sony has done moreso than Nintendo, exactly? They brought in the CD? OMFG EPIX WOW!

DMeisterJ, if you're going to make a point, make sure you're using the right facts. Nintendo may have screwed Sony over by suddenly dropping the CD, but if Nintendo made the pact with Sony, they would have lost all rights to the games they made. So essentially, Nintendo screwed over Sony for trying to screw over Nintendo.

sony would have never entered the gaming market if it wasnt for ninty