By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I bought my PS3, game suggestions time

So I officially own a PS3, even though it's not in my hands yet (proofs). So, in keeping with what's practically become a tradition here on VGChartz, I'm now asking for game recommendations.  It ended up costing more than I expected so I probably won't get a game till my next paycheck a couple weeks from this last Friday. 

So anyway, the first two games I'll get are Ratchet and MGS4, but I'm looking for other recommendations (PSN games included).  Keep in mind that I don't really like console shooters, so make sure any of them that you are recommending to me can be bought at a budget price ($30 or less).

-Update

A few things NOT to recommend:

GTAIV (hate it)
GT5:P or GT5 in the future (not a fan of sim racers)
Assassin's Creed (have it on PC)
CoD4 (have it on PC)
The Orange Box (have it on PC)
Guitar Hero 3 (have it on Wii)
Rock Band (World Tour looks better)

-Update #2

PS3 arrived today! PSN ID: Naznatips.  Just playing demos right now, but feel free to add me!

Around the Network

Uncharted:Drake's Fortune-great game, a little on the short side though

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/12/possibly-even-more-greatest-hits-confirmation-prices/

everything on that list.

plus games you can get used, of course, there are way too many to name.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

you sould try out pixel junk on psn its only 5$

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

PixelJunk Monsters is a great PSN game.

Around the Network

Super Stardust is probably one of the best PSN games. Also don't forget to download the free MGS database. Also, I'm sure you know the RPGs coming but I'll list some anyway...

-Eternal Sonata

-Valkyria Chronicles

-Disgaea 3

You must get Pixeljunk Monsters, I think you'll really enjoy it judging by your gaming tastes.

GTA IV, GT5:P, Warhawk (if you like online play, it has somewhat of a shooter element but it's fine with the controls it has), Uncharted (rent), Tekken 5, echochrome, GRID, NGS (if you never played NG black), Burnout Paradise and Disgaea when it comes out.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Soriku said:
Folklore?

Ever played it?  I doubt it.  It should be enough of an RPG for you.  I heard the story is great, too.  Get it when you get a PS3.

Hot Shots Golf is a blast if you like that type of game.

No GTAIV. Absolutely not. I hate that game. No GT5:P or GT5 either, as I don't like sim racers.  Other suggestions are very good so far though.