By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of these next-gen systems will be the next "PS2".

yeah, wii won't dominate like PS2 did.

It would need a perfect storm of factors to do that, but the wii2 just may be that system if Nintendo plays their cards right.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
The PS3 is doing just as good as the PS2 did, look at hardware from launch. Wii is doing amazing but it's starting to slow now. PS3 is picking up.

Like comon look at this line up of AAA games
Tekken 6, resistance 2, LBP, motorstorm 2, gran turismo 5, afrika, infamous, GoW3, Killzone 2, resident evil 5, wardevil and more(i got 2 lazy 2 contineu 2 say the rest)

lolwut

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Gearbox said:
The PS3 is doing just as good as the PS2 did, look at hardware from launch. Wii is doing amazing but it's starting to slow now. PS3 is picking up.

Tekken 6, resistance 2, LBP, motorstorm 2, gran turismo 5, afrika, infamous, GoW3, Killzone 2, resident evil 5, wardevil and more(i got 2 lazy 2 contineu 2 say the rest)

hahaha... yeah, right.

Every month the Wii increase the sales. Just check the numbers. And if you don't trust VGChartz numbers, check NPD and Media Create numbers: same story.

Nintendo even increased the Wii production.

thanks for the laugh.

Nickelbackro said:
yeah, wii won't dominate like PS2 did.

It would need a perfect storm of factors to do that, but the wii2 just may be that system if Nintendo plays their cards right.

the way wii is going it will outsell ps2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Next-gen systems?! I had no idea we knew any details about the next-gen systems coming out in a few years!

Around the Network

^yeah it seems that there not gonna be good,there not gonna even match the ps2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Gearbox said:

Wii is slowing down since when? Also, try looking at the PS3 versus the PS2 in every region individually. It is signficantly behind in every region, but when you do all 3 regions at once you ignore the staggered launch of the PS2 making the PS3's performance look better.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

wfz said:
Next-gen systems?! I had no idea we knew any details about the next-gen systems coming out in a few years!

that's exactly what I said

Wii will outsell the PS2 but may never get it's width and breathe of games. The PS2 was really the system for all, expect of course all those people who are only getting into games now because of the Wii. Ps2 wasn't for them.

Perhaps by the end of this generation the Wii base will just be so amazingly large all games will also (or only) be made for it simply because you can't go wrong when you're selling to a base of over 100 million. Then it will truly become the successor to the PS2 in every way.

Great thing about this generation is that I think all three systems will do well in the end.

I think 3rd party support will be split pretty evenly. It will be Wii games vs PC/PS3/360 games. Both markets have a somewhat different emphasis (graphics vs gameplay) and both will be large enough to sustain 3rd party development.

Though I have a feeling Japanese devs will lean towards the Wii, while Western devs will lean towards the PC, etc., much like what is already happening now.