By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Virtua Fighter 5 bombs in Japan - first day sales!!

Ogre Battle 64.... ;_; I wish I had it, I never had the money when they had it in and have never seen it since, so all I can do is pray Atlus releases it on Virtual Console... ;_; fooflexible, email me sometime so we can chat, sounds like we have a similar taste in games. :D

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

That's cool Vanguardian1. The bad thing about Ogre Battle 64 is that the cart wasy pretty darn big from what I recall, so I don't know how big of games they'd allow to be put on the VC but maybe. I checked out your blog of favorite games. I like a good group of them. I recently beat Twilight Princess(took about 40 hours) game is amazing. I really can't wait to see what they do with the next one. River City is sweet too.(It would be cool if they made a sequal to that, but it would have to be really true to the original.) Getting back to Fire Emblem and strategy games, I'm surprised there isn't more of an effort on the Wii in this regard with the Wii-mote you have mouse like ability to control things which I think would work real well, with strategy, and sim games. Personally I own a X360 and I can barely get excited over C&C 3 because I cringe at the thought of playing it with a controller.

Ogre Battle 64 : Person of lord caliber weight is 40 MB ( like Paper mario ). Virtual console is a digital platform, not a service like Xbox live arcade, so hasn't size constraint (the real storage constraint is SD card). I recommend to Ookaze Fire Emblem 4. IMHO FE4 is the best FE, it is only japan but exists a translation patch made by fans on internet ( 100% english ). Fooflexible, have you ever play to Ogre battle : march of the black queen for snes ? If no, you have something to play in this days. This game is similar to OB 64. Ah, I forgot the max size of N64 cart is 64MB ( Conker, Resident Evil 2 and Pokemon stadium 2 ) Returning to VF5, I think that sales of a game depend to console strenght (hype, advertisement, target userbase, stream of games etc..) and viceversa sales of certain games (killerApp) could increase a console strenght. Now PS3 is a pretty weak console so VF5 sales are quiet good. PS3 sales boost this week is only 4K units when in the same period Wii sales boost is of 13K units ( MediaCreate ). I think that the only thing stopping Wii sales is soldout whereas PS3 sales remain weak week in, week out. Japan is the first market really lost by Sony !!! Nintendo with DS and Wii own about 75% of the market ( software and hardware ). IMHO Nintendo is kicking Sony's ass in Japan and will do it for this generation at least.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Okee

Kwaad said:
I agree on the DS. I bought it with high hopes. They marketed it for adults blah blah blah. Just like the Wii... and well... I havent enjoyed many games on it besides Harvest Moon, and a few others... I've been very dissapointed in it. I want a PSP. I think Nintendo will do the same thing with the Wii. That's why I bash it. Sony's consoles dont take off for usually 6 to 12 months after launch. the PSN store in Japan has like... 1 game, and 2 or 3 demos. The PS3 has nothing in japan right now. The Wii has more in Japan than america. Wait till stuff starts coming for consoles to start selling.

Why do you keep repeating the slow start myth? The PS2 was the fastest selling console ever in Japan. The PS2 was popular from the day it was launched and was completely sold out for a very long time.

Oh wait, I didn't realize how old this thread is. Still is a stupid thing to say though. 

Around the Network

Okee? That's it? You bump a thread that is over 2 months old to say "Okee?" I'm sorry, I just don't get people like you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

FishyJoe said:
Kwaad said:
I agree on the DS. I bought it with high hopes. They marketed it for adults blah blah blah. Just like the Wii... and well... I havent enjoyed many games on it besides Harvest Moon, and a few others... I've been very dissapointed in it. I want a PSP. I think Nintendo will do the same thing with the Wii. That's why I bash it. Sony's consoles dont take off for usually 6 to 12 months after launch. the PSN store in Japan has like... 1 game, and 2 or 3 demos. The PS3 has nothing in japan right now. The Wii has more in Japan than america. Wait till stuff starts coming for consoles to start selling.

Why do you keep repeating the slow start myth? The PS2 was the fastest selling console ever in Japan. The PS2 was popular from the day it was launched and was completely sold out for a very long time.

Oh wait, I didn't realize how old this thread is. Still is a stupid thing to say though.

Kwaad

Private message
Add to friends

(02/13/07, 01:29)   <--- notice this.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

We both already mentioned this thread is old...I don't understand why some newcomers just like to come and post one-word responses to threads that are ancient, like "Agreed!" or "Okee!" ...?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )