By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Screwattack top ten OMGWTF moments.

um, metal gear solid 1 when mantis made your controller shake and read your memory card? that has to be the coolest moment in my gaming experience, I couldn't stop laughing. I thought #3 should have been number one, I never would have saw that coming but my friend tipped me off before hand. he told me not to level up Aerith even though she had the best limit break and all, I did anyways and then I lost her. I was so mad and sad at the same time.

Around the Network

lol i love the commentary for the Halo 2 ending

"wait....this is it.....THIS IS IT!?"

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I think we are to young (or the most of us) to had the same experience as Craig about number 1.

I agree with a lot of them: RE5, Mortal Kombat, FFVII (epic), Halo 2. I totally disagree with GTA 3 first hooker;..I really don't see what was so special about it.

I would have included the ending of GOW II.

^yeah that part was funny

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

When they said no recent games I didn't think their memory was that bad. CoD4 is still pretty damn new, though that scene seems to be worth looking into (I don't like FPS, so I haven't played CoD4). Seems a bit too real, though. I'd hate to get such a situation in a video game when I have fears enough about that happening in real life.

Anyway, the #1 sucked and there are a ton of potentials for the list that got neglected... sounds like Screw Attack.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

yeah FFVII was definitely a OMGWTF moment for me, caught me off guard completely the first time.

COD4 shouldn't have been on the list, despite the fact that over 10 million people have the game (including PC) and many more have at least played through it. It's still pretty damn new, in fact they could spoil Halo 3, MAss Effect, and even Bioshock for that matter because all three of them came out before COD4.

In any case, I totally agree with #1 I remember playing through Mario not knowing that there would be eight levels and after about 5 or six greuling levels I started getting mad every time Toad said that shit to me.

I still hate that fucker.

The number 1 is the most classic scene EVER!!!!!

Eternal Darkness was such a great game. It totally got me with that blue sceen of death. There were a couple of other sanity effects that made me go WTF too.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

The COD 4 moment was both surreal and terrifying.