By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mixed Wii Reviews?

ItsaMii said:
Here is some professionalism: http://kotaku.com/gaming/gamespot/gamespot-respond-to-zelda-review-backlash-215922.php

The funniest thing in there too is he admits he hadn't even finished the game hhaa.  Stated I'm not very far into it.  He didn't even give it a chance haha.  He basically played the beginning and made his decision off that.

I like Matt from IGN's response.  Simply stated why change something if it's perfect.  Zelda has alot of perfection on certain things in the series.  Why change it just for the sake of changing it.  And then he went on to say the overall number of things that are different definetly outway the stuff that didn't change.  I mean the Zelda game had so many different things in there.  I personally thought the game was near perfect.  Just a great game.

But Eurogamer's review is simply being bias or trying to get attention.  Either way he made really not logical points.  And really he's outweighed by the majority.  Probably like most reviewers not giving really Wii games a chance.  They simply play it once and that's it.  That's why I like how Matt and Bozon review over at IGN.  They at least go in playing the game with a positive attitude to start. 

Around the Network
DKII said:
I've heard that that Eurogamer reviewer in particular has gone on record saying he hates motion control and will review all games that use it lower no matter what, he's not very professional about it (as far as reviewers go, anyway).

Can anyone find a link to such a statement? That would be golden. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Gballzack said:
Didn't Kokatsu give it like a 48/50? Clear up my facts for me here.

Famitsu gave RE4 a 38/40, is that what you mean?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Bodhesatva said:
DKII said:
I've heard that that Eurogamer reviewer in particular has gone on record saying he hates motion control and will review all games that use it lower no matter what, he's not very professional about it (as far as reviewers go, anyway).

Can anyone find a link to such a statement? That would be golden.

As much as I believe he could think that, I have trouble believing he would ever go on record saying that since that would more than likely mean his job if enough people bitched (as they should).

It's another case of the Reviewers being anti Nintendo...

The man is trying to hold Nintendo down I tell ya....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Straight up side effect of the Wiimote and decision to not jump right back into the tech race they got their asses beat in the last 2gens doing.

Sorry but 90% of VG journalist and reviewers fall under the hardcore gamer umbrella. You can argue that until you are blue in the face but it wont make it any less true. The most vocal group against everything Wii related is the HARDCORE traditional gamer. The Wii is going to get Absolutely inconsistent review scoring this ENTIRE GEN SO GET USED TO IT. ALOT of them hate waggle, ALOT of them hate the dated graphics, ALOT of them hate Nintendo franchises in general, and ALOT of them just dont generally care for Nintendo at all.

Its annoying, yeah, but please stop crying about it every game that releases please. Its getting old as hell. The only thing about this whole Wii scoring thing that I hate is that it has caused an opposing reaction from the Nintendo fan sites.

Normally you could go to a Nintendo fan site and get fair scores on Nintendo console games. But nowadays these fansites are GROSSLY overrating games on Wii in an attempt to seemingly make up for some of the unfair scoring the Wii games get. So now you can barely trust ANY wii game score you see, and your forced to rent. Its ridiculous. I have to admit though, it was funny to see sites like Gamespot (wasnt it them or was it someone else?) say TP for WII was the superior version, but then rate it LOWER than the GC version LMAO. Thats just a classy flat out "I dont like waggle, so there..." If I have ever seen it. I almost choked on the food I was eating when I saw that.

The sales charts must really be eating these guys alive from the inside. Im starting to think they really were hoping the Wii would crash and burn.

Here's one, IGN gave scarface an 8.5, GS gave it a 5.8

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Xyrax said:
Straight up side effect of the Wiimote and decision to not jump right back into the tech race they got their asses beat in the last 2gens doing.

Sorry but 90% of VG journalist and reviewers fall under the hardcore gamer umbrella. You can argue that until you are blue in the face but it wont make it any less true. The most vocal group against everything Wii related is the HARDCORE traditional gamer. The Wii is going to get Absolutely inconsistent review scoring this ENTIRE GEN SO GET USED TO IT. ALOT of them hate waggle, ALOT of them hate the dated graphics, ALOT of them hate Nintendo franchises in general, and ALOT of them just dont generally care for Nintendo at all.

Its annoying, yeah, but please stop crying about it every game that releases please. Its getting old as hell. The only thing about this whole Wii scoring thing that I hate is that it has caused an opposing reaction from the Nintendo fan sites.

Normally you could go to a Nintendo fan site and get fair scores on Nintendo console games. But nowadays these fansites are GROSSLY overrating games on Wii in an attempt to seemingly make up for some of the unfair scoring the Wii games get. So now you can barely trust ANY wii game score you see, and your forced to rent. Its ridiculous. I have to admit though, it was funny to see sites like Gamespot (wasnt it them or was it someone else?) say TP for WII was the superior version, but then rate it LOWER than the GC version LMAO. Thats just a classy flat out "I dont like waggle, so there..." If I have ever seen it. I almost choked on the food I was eating when I saw that.

The sales charts must really be eating these guys alive from the inside. Im starting to think they really were hoping the Wii would crash and burn.

Completely off topic, but alot is not a word. For you spelling impaired people, Firefox 2 comes equipped with a nice little option that automagically finds spelling errors for you similar to a handy little invention called spell check. Heck, it can even see when you miss an apostrophe.

(Sorry, blatant spelling errors in general just bother me, but I hate when people type alot)

All I can say is that its a good thing Reviewers don't determine game sales.

Gballzack said:
All I can say is that its a good thing Reviewers don't determine game sales.

Zelda would sell better if they did... so be careful what you wish for

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!