By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm Gett'n me a Mac Book!

reverie said:
I don't know if the MacBook is good for full-price games. It comes with built-in Intel graphics (GMA945) which won't be enough to play WoW or even The Sims 2. I haven't tried these games myself though. Casual games and web games run without problems. Again, you could wait for the next revision of the MacBook that may (or may not) have Intel GMA3000 graphics, which are supposed to be much faster. Of course, nobody know when that revision will come. The current revision is just 4 weeks old, so it's a good idea to buy now.

Intel integrated graphics simply will not run most 3d-heavy games from the past 2-3 years. Some older games may be able to chug along with GMA but even then I would simply assume that if I'm getting a Mac it most certainly will not be to play games, unless I want to be very disappointed.

Are Macs using DDR2? If so, going to 3GB would mean you lose the dual channel speed feature. Of course, you will still have 3GB RAM, but the dual channel speed boost is gone... right?

Around the Network

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

I allmost have to agree with blue.... allmost... it´s just that most of the great progs you get for free are PC only and they are easy to upgrade, well thats not the case for notebooks anyway, my problem is that a Mac can´t do lots of stuff a PC can do game and prog whise and I can´t think of anything a Mac can do that a PC can´t, there must be something so teach me.

Blue3 said:
your mother said:
Blue3 said:
Why you getting a mac, they are so damn pricey.

Funny you, out of all people, should say that...

Isn't the PS3... pricey...?

(whatever will you say, Blue3? Can't wait to read your retort...)

You having a blonde monent arent you. macs suck cant even play games, weaker then a PC yet more expensive.

PS3 costs alot but it also does alot and is the most powerfull, but i guess thats lost on you 

Game are coming back to the Mac, EA games and ID software will be produceing games for them and sometime this fall will be releasing games simultaneously on the PC and the MAC

Around the Network
reverie said:

- If you buy directly with Apple, don't get your RAM there, it's pricey. I think Other World Computing is good for all kinds of upgrades.
http://www.macsales.com

This intrigues me. But can I get the Ram in their myself? Or will I need to take it in somewhere to get the Extra Ram installed?  And is this the sort of thing that can void a warranty? I'm really not sure just how upgradeble macbooks are.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

xstonexcold316x said:
Blue3 said:
your mother said:
Blue3 said:
Why you getting a mac, they are so damn pricey.

Funny you, out of all people, should say that...

Isn't the PS3... pricey...?

(whatever will you say, Blue3? Can't wait to read your retort...)

You having a blonde monent arent you. macs suck cant even play games, weaker then a PC yet more expensive.

PS3 costs alot but it also does alot and is the most powerfull, but i guess thats lost on you

Game are coming back to the Mac, EA games and ID software will be produceing games for them and sometime this fall will be releasing games simultaneously on the PC and the MAC

When did gaming ever leave the Mac platform? All blizzard games and most ID games already worked on Macs and the biggest selling computer game the first Sims and the Sims 2 are on Macs. If anything the new EA games are a mixed bag simply because they are not true ports, rather they use Cedega, a wine fork, and thus will not be a true port in many ways. If you want to game on Mac or Linux there are so many games out there to play but it is true you still miss out on some ocassionally but no more so than you do on a console.

Besides, Mac's are better for doing things like graphical design and such. That's the type of thing I'm majoring in College and I go from my gaming PC to classes where all we use are Macs. I'd say try to get the best of both worls, lol.

Not sure about the graphics specs and stuff but when you get one try out garage band. It is really really fun.

also macs dont crash, dont get viruses and are alot more fun to play around with.