By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I'm Gett'n me a Mac Book!

^^ macs don´t crash is a urban legend, I´ve seen them crash, XP hardly crashes with me and it´s usually my fault, Win 95 on the other hand was build to crash, the virus comment I will belive although there must be viruses out there, never had a PC virus though only some spam problems, but since it only takes 3 houres to formant my PC I don´t mind doing it two or three times a year so it can run smoothly

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
also macs dont crash, dont get viruses and are alot more fun to play around with.

Yes they do get viruses and crash, it's just less common. Besides, while a Mac wont crash as much, they do get REALLY slow till whatever they were doing gets done. 

stof said:
reverie said:

- If you buy directly with Apple, don't get your RAM there, it's pricey. I think Other World Computing is good for all kinds of upgrades.
http://www.macsales.com

This intrigues me. But can I get the Ram in their myself? Or will I need to take it in somewhere to get the Extra Ram installed? And is this the sort of thing that can void a warranty? I'm really not sure just how upgradeble macbooks are.

Bump! I need answers people!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

^^sounds very interesting, haven´t used a Mac for years and never saw the newer Mac OS, and your right I only know one person in germany who owns a Mac, in the U.S. I know lots of people who like Mac, the price really hurts it around here and it doen´t have the good reputation like the Ipod, I think Macintosh never really established itselfs with computers around here so people choose the evil they know :)