By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do XBOX fans really respect Microsoft as a company?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Shameless said:
What have Sony or Nintendo ever done to make me respect them any more than Microsoft?

Nothing.

RROD? What console from Nintendo or Sony have gone through such a case of shoddy tech? You must hate reliability,right?

PS2 - disc read errors affected most consoles

PSone - laser wore out meaning that you had to use the console upside down for it to work

PS3 - 2.4 bricked a lot of consoles, constantly freezes in the internet browser, hard-drive failures during installations, faulty blu-ray drives, etc.

Sure, they may not be as widespread as RROD, but that isn't the question being asked. RROD has been drastically reduced and Microsoft has handled the situation well, offering extended warranties and replacing quickly.

Compare that to the situation you're in if your 60GB PS3 bricks - a 2 month wait for a replacement.

You haven't answered what Nintendo or Sony have done to make me respect them any more than Microsoft.

Around the Network

@HappySqurriel

dude,i had this problem before,my ps2 was not reading "ONE" game(hitman silent assasin) and i got 28 ps2 games

all the 27 work fine and never showed up as "DISK READ ERROR"

one game not working on my ps2 is not concidered a dead ps2 for me.......

321tttrini4everz said:

@HappySqurriel

dude,i had this problem before,my ps2 was not reading "ONE" game(hitman silent assasin) and i got 28 ps2 games

all the 27 work fine and never showed up as "DISK READ ERROR"

one game not working on my ps2 is not concidered a dead ps2 for me.......

Just because YOU only had a problem with 1 game, doesn't mean the millions of people who had the problem (and eventually won a class action lawsuit against Sony) didn't have it with every game.

321tttrini4everz said:

@HappySqurriel @Onyxmeth

"disk read error" is when the system dont read a fckn disk dude

"failure rate" is when your system can't start up(boot up)(software malfunction)....you already know this

big difference between the two

systems not reading a disk is called a "FAILURE RATE" ? NO IT IS CALLED A "DISK ERROR"

NOW I'M HAPPY

sad....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I like the Wii & Nintendo
I like the PS3 & Sony
I like the 360, dont like Microsoft

I probably respect Sony more then any company out there, they do it right everytime in my eyes

Around the Network

I don't like or respect MS, Sony and Nintendo.

My reasons are the way they treat their workers in countries such as Mexico and China, treatment that would land dozens of executives in prison were they to do it in America, Japan or Europe. Any company that can condone tens of thousands of people to work for a few dollars a day in often toxic conditions, that use violence to break up efforts for better condition and wages (all they need to do is tell the government they're thinking of leaving if they unionize, and the Army takes care of it), that abuses women and looks the other way when women and girls are raped by supervisors (the majority of the people in these countries making stuff for them are women, something about being easier to control and exploit) deserve no respect. To me, they're all massive multi-national corporations who are out to make every dime possible, so I can't see how they can be respected. They don't give a shit about me or anyone else. I feel guilty to be a gamer knowing now what these companies do.

@HappySqurriel and the rest

i already proved my point...

i hope all of you don't experience RROD(soon or in the future)

*sigh*

now,please excuse my back

321tttrini4everz said:

@HappySqurriel and the rest

i already proved my point...

i hope all of you don't experience RROD(soon or in the future)

*sigh*

now,please excuse my back

Actually, you didn't prove anything ...

The "Disc Read Error" that people refer to is when the Playstation or PS2 ended up having a hardware error which prevented the systems from reading any game discs; there were many variations to this problem, some where the PS2 would stop reading games that were on CD/DVD while others couldn't read any game disc. This is quite a different problem from having a disc with a scratch or error that wouldn't read in the system.

Although this problem didn't seem to be as widespread early on as the Red-Ring-of-Death, Sony ignored the problem until a class action lawsuit forced them to deal with it ... They didn't offer a warantee extension out of pocket to ensure that their users had a product with a reasonable lifespan.

321tttrini4everz said:

@HappySqurriel @Onyxmeth

"disk read error" is when the system dont read a fckn disk dude

"failure rate" is when your system can't start up(boot up)(software malfunction)....you already know this

big difference between the two

systems not reading a disk is called a "FAILURE RATE" ? NO IT IS CALLED A "DISK ERROR"

NOW I'M HAPPY

Nice way to dodge that bullet. So if a PSOne can't play discs it's not considered having a failure rate? So what can it still do then? Read memory cards? You sir might as well stop while you've only dug yourself a few feet under.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

You gotta respect Microsoft as a company really. In 6 years they've managed to get right into the console buisness, same goes for Sony. I'm not so impressed with all the corporate banter that both MS and Sony participate in these days...But I think thats more a problem of modern buisness than a shot at the actual companies themselves.

Prolly why Sega aren't in it anymore, they couldn't keep up with all the marketing and PR that was needed.

So yes I do respect them, how could you not? Every company is guilty of exploiting customers\dirty tricks - IMO that is a thing that SHOULD be respected, no company these days makes "honest" money.

Take those "innocent smoothies" you pay an absurd amount of money for, fresh fruit etc...Its all marketing nonsense and exploiting the customer...there is no "good company" anymore.