By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do XBOX fans really respect Microsoft as a company?

People who own a Playstation 3 or a Nintendo wii will generally answer yes to this type of question; that they respect either Sony or Nintendo. This would explain "fanboys" or LOYALIST to each respective brand,but it seems to be common knowledge that respect for the XBOX,STOPS at the XBOX(correct me if i'm wrong). Gamers will usually say that the games are what matter the most. That's correct. Games are the most important and are what drive console sales and loyalty to that particular CONSOLE,but each company is always going to have strong game lineups. So,in the future what seperates one gaming company from another? What prevents the XBOX from becoming as big as the Playstation brand is? Besides Japan,of course.

Around the Network

I could care less about Microsoft. I didn't want the original XBOX, and early 360 games made me consider giving up video games.

Later 360 games made me a fan of the console, but still not a Microsoft fan.

I do...

d21lewis said:
I could care less about Microsoft. I didn't want the original XBOX, and early 360 games made me consider giving up video games.

Later 360 games made me a fan of the console, but still not a Microsoft fan.

Interesting. How do you feel about Nintendo or Sony?

Not really. I love my 360 and hate windows. :)

Around the Network

I've noticed the same. There are Sony fans and Nintendo fans, but there really are not many people you could call Microsoft fans, even though they may like the 360 very much.

I definitely fall into this category- love the 360, all its problems aside. But I'm no big respecter of MS. Nor of Sony, for that matter. Nintendo is the only one of the big three that I respect. In fact, I think they're the bee's knees!

I do not respect any of the three Sony, MS or Nintendo. They are there just to make money. They are all faceless corporations, they do screw customers over at times.

They do make good products though and I am willing to buy both Sony and MS products. Nintendo not anymore.

For a computer i respect them, but for a videogame publisher, not as such.

I have an Xbox 360 and I dislike Microsoft although I don't put any real energy into it. It's just a passive dislike because of the strong-arm and irresponsible tactics they use as a company.

To be fair, I have about the same feelings for Sony, who have been particularly bad about DRM and skits such as their rootkit fiasco that cost an untold number of billions of dollars of damage to the computing industry, as many of those machines have been further compromised and become part of botnets, etc.

Both companies are dinosaurs, unable to match agility with modern companies. Microsoft, in particular, is incapable of making a profit outside of Windows and Office.

eliasg said:
I do...

Sarcasm at its finest. Bravo.