By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do XBOX fans really respect Microsoft as a company?

I buy a product because I like the product, not the company that produces it. I'm not running a charity here, if a company wants my money, they need to give me a good reason to give it to them.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

I'm an Xbox 360 fan and I respect Microsoft as a gaming company. Just because they have had shady practices elsewhere shouldn't cloud things up. Sony has done some pretty rotten things outside of gaming but no one really holds it against them in regards to the Playstation brand. Also all three companies have made huge errors in judgment that have directly affected us gamers, so really she should all have your respect or none should. Microsoft cares enough about their gamers' wallets to buy multiplats, timed exclusives, all out exclusives, and a 360 owner is happier for it. What more do you need to ask for?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I respect Microsoft as a company. Microsoft admits their mistakes. With RRoD they admitted it was a problem and extended the warranty. If there is a problem with Windows they admit it and release a patch (albeit late sometimes).

I think especially when it comes to gaming MS has bent over backwards to please 360 owners. Something they are not given a lot of credit for.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I'd predict many to like the console, but not the company. Microsoft made many other problematic products that directly affected their livelihood.

I'm looking at you, Vista!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

i hate microsoft
they are very smart when it comes to charging money for their services

they don't care about their xbox fans,all they want is their money

Around the Network

When a company is as 'small' and focused as Nintendo it is easy to respect or disrespect the company entirely ... Companies as large and diversified as Sony and Microsoft tend to have things you like and dislike about the company. With Microsoft I dislike several of their products, but I also understand how difficult it is for them to fix their problems (how do you improve windows while still maintaining full backwards compatibility with ever Microsoft operating system and maintaining familiarity for users of all skill levels?). On top of this I dislike their business strategy in many markets, but I understand why a large company would use these strategies.

I dont like (along with 95% of the world) what they did with Vista. But I think they are certainly delivering very well to the gamers with the 360.

And everyone has to respect how Bill Gates is giving away most of his fortune made at Microsoft to third world countries (and this has been more than doubled by Warren Buffett). Can you say the same thing for the executive chairman at Sony/Ninty?

I love my xbox 360, but am ambivalent about MS as a company. Sure, they have had some shady dealings in the past, but if anybody believes that Sony and Nintendo are saints and exist only to please gamers they are sorely mistaken.

king_of_the_castle said:
I buy a product because I like the product, not the company that produces it. I'm not running a charity here, if a company wants my money, they need to give me a good reason to give it to them.

QFT, so far it's just happened to be the xbox that has given me the most reason to part with my hard earned money.

I really don't care which company makes the console. I play games using consoles, i dont have sex with them...

I save my respect for people that are close to me that actually deserve it, not corporations.

321tttrini4everz said:
i hate microsoft
they are very smart when it comes to charging money for their services

they don't care about their xbox fans,all they want is their money

All 3 companies are publicly traded, which makes their number one goal making money for their investors, not making friends.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |