By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

TalonMan said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Let's just make it simple. I'm going to point out that the longer the system has been out, the more diverse it is. So the Wii is the least diverse of the 5 current gen consoles, and the DS is the most diverse.

How'd you come up with that? Didn't the PS3 have a delayed European launch? I would say the Wii has been available worldwide a bit longer than the PS3, no?   :P

@Montana

This thread is talking about consoles so DS isn't the most diverse its the 360 by far. And your reasoning seems to be flawed. Wii and PS3 released simultaneously. And plz explain how there is 5 current gen consoles? Do you want me to explain the definition of a console?

OT: 360 by far. This shouldn't even be discussed. Were talking about current gen consoles and current gen games and going by gamerankings or metacritic it is evident that 360> PS3+Wii combined in metacritic scores over 75+.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

First off, show me 1 place where I ever claimed that Super Paper Mario was an RPG!

Secondly, I have noticed that every time that someone lists a game for the Wii that is available for another platform in these kinds of discussions it is immediately eliminated because it is a port; at the same time every game that appears on the PC and another HD console is included no matter what. When it comes right down to it, the HD console owners tend to play with the rules to put the Wii at a disadvantage to prove their superiority ...

Beyond that, I think it is foolish and unreasonable to set an arbitrary score on gamerankings or metacritic to determine what is meant by quality titles (in particular when we're talking about the diversity of a library). I have yet to meet someone who would argue that a score for a party game (or games designed to appeal to new gamers) is equal to a first person shooter with the same score. To put it another way, few people would argue that a game like Lair or Haze which received scores in the 60% range were quality titles but many people would argue that a game like Mario Party (which also received scores in the 60% range) is a quality title.

No, it was not you said that. If you read my post again, you will figure out who it was meant to. I don't know what discussions are you talking about. If those were about exclusives, then yes. Multiplatforms do not count. But if a discussion is about LIBRARY, they do count.

Well, of course people have different opinions about what a "quality title" is. That is why it is much easier to use metacritic/gamerankings.

Smeags said:
Strategyking92 said:
If you like the imagine series

Gah! Sucker punch right to the gut I say! I now challenge you to a duel of fisticuffs, may the best fisticuffer win.

*fisticuffs commence*

You never said I couldn't fight dirty

*commences a kick to the balls*

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

HappySqurriel said:

Beyond that, I think it is foolish and unreasonable to set an arbitrary score on gamerankings or metacritic to determine what is meant by quality titles

I don't know how many times some others and I have to say this before we stop getting:

• # of AAA 90+ games on metacritic/gamerankings; or
  • list of 80+ games on _____ console.

I truly do not understand how anyone can percieve setting an arbitrary number as being remotely close of being objective or conclusive.

Well said.

waron said:

yeah so let's play our ps2 games on our 40gb consoles. you forgot to mention that only 60 and 80 can emulate(which is NOT A BC) ps2 games and those are about 30% of all ps3s on the market so no you can't say that ps3 is beter cause it can play ps2 games when most of us can't do this.
only wii has true BC. and is able to emulate past nintendo, sega etc. consoles. so yeah

wii>ds>psp>360/ps3

"I love when you put some games in genres, like assassins creed and condemned. :) Funny thing is that you are the same guy who says paper mario is a rpg and not a platformer..."

oh yeah cause run n gun in uncharted for 80% of time mean it's an adventure game. assasins creed, gta games, saints row and whole sandbox games are tps cause 90% of things you do is running and shooting things/people with some driving/riding furly creatures parts.

I don't own a ps3 so I really don't know which version has BC. My 2 friends have 60gb consoles and they play their ps1/ps2 games quite nicely. They can also play a lot of more "nintendo/sega etc" games than you can play with your wii. So, you lose. Sorry.

I see that it is not possible to argue with you about genres, since you seem to think that if you shoot something in a game it is a shooter. By your logic, smg and zelda are shooters too. How about those games you listed on wii's "action" genre?

RE4,NMH,Bully,godfather and scarface? How they are not shooters if AC and Condemned are? :) (haven't played all of them, so sorry if there is some game where you do not shoot).

Around the Network

Which console has the most diversity in quality titles?

wii, DS, PC!

anything else is wrong lol

If we're allowed to use backwards compatibility into the equation to see which console has the most diverse, quality lineup, shouldn't mod chips count too?

I think a chipped Wii, since it's possible to have one, has the most diverse lineup between 360 and PS3. This would allow a Wii to play every Wii game, Gamecube game, most Nintendo 64 games, some Saturn games(I think?), all SNES games, all NES games, all Genesis games, all Master System games, all Gameboy Advance games, all Gameboy/Gameboy Color games, all Game Gear games, some PSOne games(I think?), all Atari games, all Commodore 64 games, all Amiga games, all TurboGrafix16 games, all Wii-Wae games and some homebrew games. Wii wins!

Then again, I'm not too up with 360 or PS3 modding. Can they also do this?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:

I wonder why?

I wonder why too? Are you looking to buy a 360 and were just curious?

I wonder why this thread even exists. What was the point? If I started a thread out of the blue, and asked. What HD console has the best graphics, and then 5 posts later said PS3 wins, would that not be a troll post?

No.  You'd be asking people for their opinions, giving them an opportunity to present them, and then presentng you're own.

Threads like this generally exist because people want to discuss games.  Hence in now has over 150 posts.

I saw someone write something and it inspired me to see whether their opinion was widespread amongst the VGC population.  Turns out it is not.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

alucardremixed said:
Yea all i proved was how rude i was, i'll leave, but, at least i reccomended Starcraft the game has a diverse title lol. It was a fun game, also i didn't bash no one in my first post, i'll improve.

I agree with you.  But Starcraft is primarily a PC game (as Starcraft 2 will be), and noone in this thread (least of all me) has been silly enough to argue the PC doesn't have the largest variety of games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

DS has the widest library and most diverse types of games

and soon the Wii will too