By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Heavy Rain? What is it? - Thread.

After being thoroughly disapointed by the PS store I went on gametrailers and looked it up. It has my interest piqued up 100 points and yet I don't even know what the hell it is!!!

Does anyone know the what/when/where/who of this game?

Btw, I watched it 3 times because it got the cool vibe from me. If they can do they level of animation in reality then they I definately have to buy the game when it comes out.

Oh yea I saw this movie of this asian chick running over buildings like the Nike ads but with less style and more grace. I don't remember what the name was, can anyone tell me about that game as well?

Tease.

Around the Network

Hey Squilliam
The second game is Mirror's Edge. I guess the only way to describe it would be first-person-parkour. EA makes it and it looks really interesting.
As for Heavy Rain, it's going to be made by Quantic Dream. They also made Indigo Prophecy(Farrenheit). It'll probably be done along those same lines as far as interactivity, but with some new innovations(I would assume.) The vid you saw was from 05(or 06, can't remember) so imagine where they're at today! I loved Indigo Prophecy, so I'm way excited about this game. Along with the ICO project, this is my most anticipated title based on the strength of Quantic Dream's previous efforts.

They really haven't released much info about this game besides a video or two. No gameplay as far as I know. If you don't hear anything about it at E3, chalk it up as vaporware.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Starmistkarmic said:
Hey Squilliam
The second game is Mirror's Edge. I guess the only way to describe it would be first-person-parkour. EA makes it and it looks really interesting.
As for Heavy Rain, it's going to be made by Quantic Dream. They also made Indigo Prophecy(Farrenheit). It'll probably be done along those same lines as far as interactivity, but with some new innovations(I would assume.) The vid you saw was from 05(or 06, can't remember) so imagine where they're at today! I loved Indigo Prophecy, so I'm way excited about this game. Along with the ICO project, this is my most anticipated title based on the strength of Quantic Dream's previous efforts.

I loved Fahrenheit! Ok, my interest in this game just went up another 100points. I hope they've made enough progress so that we can see a release sometime early next year.

If they can pull off that feel in a game, its definately game of the year material!

Tease.

I really hope to hear at least something about this game at E3. What Akuma said could very well be the truth, unfortunately. There hasn't been word of this game in about a year from what I can gather. However, I'd be remiss not to note that Quantic Dream isn't exactly a AAA studio, so when they want to keep something a secret, it's relatively easy because the press isn't exactly banging down their door. So, I'm optimistic. Also, if I remember correctly, Sony is behind this project(in a manner of speaking), as Quantic Dream had Sony's help to get that tech demo out for E3 06.
Wiki has a page on it with a link to an IGN interview last year and a game poster with actors names on it. It's subtitled The Oragami Killer, sounds interesting.
Now, if I wasn't so lazy, I'd look up those actor's homepages and see what they're blogging about/working on. But I am. haha

Around the Network

Oh, and the Quantic Dream website might have something, too.

Dissapointed by the ps store?

YOU DONT OWN A FUCKING PS3.

mM

What does the PS store have to do with Heavy Rain?

Squilliam said:

After being thoroughly disapointed by the PS store I went on gametrailers and looked it up. It has my interest piqued up 100 points and yet I don't even know what the hell it is!!!

Does anyone know the what/when/where/who of this game?

Btw, I watched it 3 times because it got the cool vibe from me. If they can do they level of animation in reality then they I definately have to buy the game when it comes out.

Oh yea I saw this movie of this asian chick running over buildings like the Nike ads but with less style and more grace. I don't remember what the name was, can anyone tell me about that game as well?

when did you become a troll? very disapointing........

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)